cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score! --well, maybe

tag
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score!

They hard pulled me on EX the day I joined.

Two days later, they pulled the $6 from my USAA Checking.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 561 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went to join, and in the huge list of eligible organizations, the listing for The Art Association of Harrisburg now has "(permanent PA residents only)" appended to it. Smiley Sad

Message 562 of 731
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just went to join, and in the huge list of eligible organizations, the listing for The Art Association of Harrisburg now has "(permanent PA residents only)" appended to it. Smiley Sad

Wow that was quick. Has anyone called them to verify the cutoff date of this new policy (for PRPS or AOH)?

Message 563 of 731
doublespaces
Frequent Contributor

They don't verify where you live, just shush and apply, jeez... I just signed up today with AAoH.

Starting: EQ: 490 TU: ??? EX: ???
Current: EQ: 717 TU: 757 EX: 736 (lender)
Goal: 800+
=============
Amex: Zync, Gold Delta
Discover More
Chase Slate
Discover More
Message 564 of 731
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

It's not uncommon for them to ask for DL, pay stubs, or proof of address.
Message 565 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score! --well, maybe

Re-edited original post.

I've tried to edit the title of the thread as well, but the "well maybe" part will only appear on new posts that click on an existing post with the edited title, or if you type in the "well maybe" part yourself.

I'm sorry, that's a ridiculously confusing sentence, but I can't come up with anything better. Smiley Tongue

I hope something else pops open for non-PA residents, but as stantheman (I think it was) suggested on another thread, PSECU is state-chartered, and maybe they really do have to try to restrict their membership. This is how CU's work, as opposed to commercial banks, for instance, and maybe their charter makes residency important. Yes, I know that alumni of state schools might live elsewhere, but I suppose they once lived in PA or something.

In the meantime, I don't know about anyone else, but I plan to continue to lay lie low and fly under the radar, in hopes that they don't have to get rid of non-residents like me. And even if they do, I'm still happy to have thrown some money at their park system. If I had a heckuva lot more money than I do, I'd donate to parks in all 50 states.

edit: grammar, grammar

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 566 of 731
CreditusMaximus
New Contributor

Damn, I hope I made it in under the deadline. There was no PA resident disclaimer when I applied and a PSECU employee verified that I was eligible via AAH. Here's hoping...

Message 567 of 731
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Like hauling said - lay low - fly under the radar and wait. Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 568 of 731
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@CreditusMaximus wrote:
Damn, I hope I made it in under the deadline. There was no PA resident disclaimer when I applied and a PSECU employee verified that I was eligible via AAH. Here's hoping...

Fingers crossed! I apped 5/31, got a hard on 6/6 but they have yet to pull the funds. Hoping they don't get cold feet!

Message 569 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score! --well, maybe

@CreditusMaximus wrote:

Fingers crossed for ya!

And I don't even pretend to know what's best to do, but in your shoes, I'd stay quiet and wait and see what happens. Throughout the thread there are examples of how long it takes to finally get set up with them, and we've all called in to their CS and made confused noises. But it seems like they eventually get things figured out, and I'd really hate to do anything that would make it easier for a human being to notice that you're out of state. Keep an eye on whatever bank account you used for the $6 fee.

And as anyone knows who reads my posts, I'm a complete chicken, and I'm highly allergic to stirring up trouble with lenders. Another member might advise you to keep calling, etc. I don't know what's wisest; none of us do.

Good luck to you and everyone else in limbo! The door stayed open 7 months or so, but it looks like it's swinging shut. Smiley Sad

lol, edited title

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 570 of 731
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.