cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score! --well, maybe

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score!

You've earned the 20k.  Nice limit...congrats!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 221 of 731
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll take rude CSRs all day in exchange for my 20k CL.

I hear that!

As PP those 20k approvals may be getting significantly harder to come by.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 222 of 731
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@score_building wrote:

I do not enjoy rude csr either and don't expect you or anyone else should.

Thankfully we'll never be customers of PSECU but instead members for life, hope this experience isn't predictive of future interactions and a higher level of service that is reasonable to expect from a co-member is received going forward.

I just feel that customer service is just that...a service to the customer.  Maybe she knows that many of us are joining to get our EX FICO's & feels like she can be cranky if she wants to because we want those scores.

Either way, rudeness is inexcusable.

Message 223 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea, i joined and apped back when the news first came out about PSECU opening membership, it's unfortunate that the party looks like its ending soon...sorry to those who didn't make it Smiley Sad

Message 224 of 731
smc733
Valued Contributor

Has anyone gotten their score this month?  I joined in December and I haven't gotten my Jan score yet.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 225 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

Has anyone gotten their score this month?  I joined in December and I haven't gotten my Jan score yet.

It doesn't come out until the 15th of each month. Though it might be the 14th this month because 15th is a saturday.

Message 226 of 731
LS1
New Contributor

Going against what I knew would happen, I thought I would apply for 5K CL on the Combo last night.  I know I said before that I was stopping after my Discover approval last week but the bug got the best of me.  I also wanted to give it a shot so that all of my inquiries would be 10+ months old before working toward a home loan later this year.

Today I got the message that I would receive a phone call or letter with my decision so I assumed it was denied.  I called in and confirmed it, the guy on the phone said it was denied due to too many new accounts and inquires as others on here have said.  My EX report shows only 4 accounts currently as my Discover and VS cards have not reported yet, inquiries in the last 12 months was 7, 2 of those were from PSECU just while they were setting up my account Smiley Very Happy.   He said that I should call back in 6 months and try again but I don't know if that's just a generic time frame they throw out for people that are denied for my reasons as others on the boards have been told the same.

I'm still boggled as to how I was approved for Discover last week when they pulled EQ and they show even more inquires and just as many new accounts.  Guess it gave me a false sense of hope that PSECU would surely like me if they did.  Although I am a bit upset that I wasn't approved, I am glad that the only reasons they give for denial are the above mentioned and not a laundry list of baddies as I used to get when applying for credit a couple of years ago.

**** EDIT ****

Wish I had waited until today to apply instead of late last night, otherwise I would have seen this rush of updated info that people are being denied more often now that it appears PSECU has tightened their standards.  I most likely wouldn't have tried it!

Starting Score: TU 652- EQ 658 - EX 668
Current Score: TU 679 - EQ 681 - EX 681 as of 3.13.11
Goal Score: 700 with all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 227 of 731
creditchild
Regular Contributor

from the post i just read i find it kinda strange the people are still waiting to get

their memberships approved. i apped jan 2nd and received my app in the mail

friday jan 7th faxed it to them on monday jan 10th,csr told me they recieved it.

went to mailbox to and i have a box of checks. i called to see what was going on and

csr said the reason i got the checks is because i was pre-approved. so i guess my

checkcard will get here soon too. almost affraid to app for the visa after reading

what other people have went through. especially the one about getting denied

because of inquires and new accounts. in a previous post someone mentioned

they had 3 new accounts the just opened and had a few inqs and got approved

he said with no problem. its just strange.

Message 228 of 731
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I got my box of checks early last week.  Just yesterday, in two separate mailings, I got a letter saying they never received my signed app & in the other I got another app to sign!

This is nuts.  Sigh

Message 229 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

I got my box of checks early last week.  Just yesterday, in two separate mailings, I got a letter saying they never received my signed app & in the other I got another app to sign!

This is nuts.  Sigh

Everyone gets this letter no matter what. It is auto-generated by the system when you app online and gets sent out immediately. Waste of paper if you ask me.

Message 230 of 731
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.