cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score! --well, maybe

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yes, you too can join PSECU and find out your EX FICO score!

Does anyone know how a joint checking account would work with getting your EX scores? I didn't see anything about joint accounts on the website.

Message 31 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got the welcome packet and I can't find my account number written down anywhere!!!!!!!!!! Do I really have to wait till I get checks to know my account number?? I want to sign in so bad 

I'm sort of cheered to see how many other people didn't write down their number, either. Smiley Very Happy

You're not talking about the packet that has your info on the back, and you have to confirm it, right? The one I finally got is the one that actually says welcome to PSECU.

My member number is in the third paragraph, the one that begins in bold: You will always need your account number and accunt Personal Identification Number (PIN) whenever you contact PSECU... My number was on the third line of this paragraph.

@laz98 wrote:

i tried to sign in, & it says my account is locked!  now i have to call Smiley Mad  not happy so far!

I'll bet a lot of people got their packets today, and we're all crashing the site. Not unusual when a CU (or bank) gets hot. Smiley Tongue

eta: w00t, I'm in! Now I have to figure how to move my car payment over to PSECU...

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 731
laz98
Senior Contributor

HTSU:  sorry, i didn't mean today.  well, i did try again today, but this has been since the first time i tried to log in, like a week or so ago.

Message 33 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Good luck; I hope they untangle things for you quickly.

I'm not really sure where the bit about waiting until January came from, because it says I should get a score with my next statement, so I'm assuming sometime in December. If I have to wait until January, though, that's no big deal.

I noticed when I went through the gimme-my-FICO-score process that they said that they don't charge for them now, but they might in the future. I have to say that the $6 to join PSECU is the least that I've ever paid for any FICO score, ever. I'm hoping that making regular deposits into checking and having my car loan run through PSECU will be enough activity to avoid being charged, but it's not the end of the world if I have to pay one day. The program isn't free for PSECU, so I don't know if they can keep this up forever, especially with everyone who just joined through Rec and Parks.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update - I re-read the welcome letter and it infact had my member number. I have logged into the online access, opted in to get my fico for next month, and easily added accounts to my phone banking application within seconds. Wow that was simple and easy. VERY happy to finally be innnn completely. Getting my experian fico score next month is going to make christmas all that much better :-)

Message 35 of 731
Established Contributor

Hi Hauling,

Thank you for the thread and the excellent post with respect to how to join PSECU through PRPS.

I successfully joined today just as you outlined in your post.

BTW...I trust all is well with your new employer.

Message 36 of 731
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@plasticman wrote:

Hi Hauling,

Thank you for the thread and the excellent post with respect to how to join PSECU through PRPS.

I successfully joined today just as you outlined in your post.

BTW...I trust all is well with your new employer.

Thanks, so do I, if I could just figure out which one it is!  Smiley Very Happy  (The joys of working multiple jobs from home.)

Message 37 of 731
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Joined today.  Thank you HTSU.  I mistakenly only signed up for the savings so I have to add the checking account ASAP.  I must be slow because this was a pain for me.  The parks and rec site had an expired certificate and my laptop security alert kept going off.  Then I didn't realize you had to find the membership and add it to the cart.  I paid with Paypal yet the parks site wanted me to manually add my credit card to their site as well.  The PSECU site seems good and I can't wait to mail out my signature to receive my application packet!

Side note,  I noticed this in their agreement:  "If there is no financial activity for a year or more, your account will be considered dormant and PSECU may assess a fee. PSECU defines an account as the combination of all shares, services and loans, including VISA..."

^^

Just an FYI if you plan on keeping it over a year.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 38 of 731
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clocktick wrote:

Joined today.  Thank you HTSU.  I mistakenly only signed up for the savings so I have to add the checking account ASAP.  I must be slow because this was a pain for me.  The parks and rec site had an expired certificate and my laptop security alert kept going off.  Then I didn't realize you had to find the membership and add it to the cart.  I paid with Paypal yet the parks site wanted me to manually add my credit card to their site as well.  The PSECU site seems good and I can't wait to mail out my signature to receive my application packet!

Side note,  I noticed this in their agreement:  "If there is no financial activity for a year or more, your account will be considered dormant and PSECU may assess a fee. PSECU defines an account as the combination of all shares, services and loans, including VISA..."

^^

Hey just helping you out here. Go to psecu.com and at the top you will see a link for "applications and forms". You can print out a checking and check card application to send in with your savings. Just make sure to type up a letter stating how you forgot to add it in oringinal application and hope its not to late to add them to your application. 

Also add in a copy of DL and SS card.

If its a really heavy, make sure to add an extra stamp.

:-) BTW thats what I did and they instructed me to do what I just instructed you to do. 

Message 39 of 731
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@clocktick wrote:

^^

Hey just helping you out here. Go to psecu.com and at the top you will see a link for "applications and forms". You can print out a checking and check card application to send in with your savings. Just make sure to type up a letter stating how you forgot to add it in oringinal application and hope its not to late to add them to your application. 

Also add in a copy of DL and SS card.

If its a really heavy, make sure to add an extra stamp.

:-) BTW thats what I did and they instructed me to do what I just instructed you to do. 

Nice, thank you!!  I wonder if we're the only 2 that did that... Smiley Wink

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 40 of 731
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.