Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yessssssss!!!! AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yessssssss!!!! AMEX

****Update ...Got my card today less than 24 hours after being approved. Asked for expedited delivery.

GOTTA LOVE AMEX.

If you followed my previous post about applying for amex cards twice every month, I am glad that after 8 applications in 2 months ,and getting declined for 7 of those applications, the final one which i applied on OCT 28 th for AMEX SPG got approved today. It took over 2 weeks for a decision and i was scared they were going to do a financial review since i was an existing zync member and sometimes i would just apply to get a fee experian fico because a decline comes with a fico score and its a soft pull for existing members.

Its hard pull only if your application is APPROVED.

People have suggested too many applications was not a wise choce, it might trigger a financial review , but its all myth , just keep trying until you get it!!!!

They approved me $2000 with a fico of 675 , two baddies from 06.

I think they got tired of my applications HAHA. I am delighted and in garden mode for atleast a year.

Hope this information will help other members out and show them a way into amex family.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Re: Yessssssss!!!! AMEX

Well done and congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats ..

Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for thsi post. I was declined 2x for BCP then 1x for clear and 3x for zync... but now I'll keep pushing!!!!!!

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also I would like to add it was 6 months exactly in october since i had my zync, if that made a difference in approving me for this card. I wold charge about $1200 monthly on it and pay as soon as the statement cuts out.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for thsi post. I was declined 2x for BCP then 1x for clear and 3x for zync... but now I'll keep pushing!!!!!!

Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you followed my previous post about applying for amex cards twice every month, I am glad that after 8 applications in 2 months ,and getting declined for 7 of those applications, the final one which i applied on OCT 28 th for AMEX SPG got approved today. It took over 2 weeks for a decision and i was scared they were going to do a financial review since i was an existing zync member and sometimes i would just apply to get a fee experian fico because a decline comes with a fico score and its a soft pull for existing members.

I'm on da same boat. I just keep applying to get free ex fico. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm on da same boat. I just keep applying to get free ex fico. Smiley Wink

I suggest you pick one card and keep apping that once a month and one of these times you will be approved if you have a good history with them.

If you do see there is a hard pull from amex it means your application has been approved Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 25
sandsanta
Contributor

I wouldn't recommend applying every month.  Credit card companies don't get tired of declining you, contrary, some companies may auto decline if you've already been denied in six month period. Its best to try once every six months and attempt recon then.  Regardless, congrats!

Message 8 of 25
birjest
Frequent Contributor

You are so determined my dear friend....you should be the poster child of the Marine Corps!!!!  CONGRATS...man congrats!!!!

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 9 of 25
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

i got turned down back in sept for the bcp and they hard pulled me for it but this last week i just got approved for a chase sapphire preferred weird

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.