Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another Amex FR question...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Yet another Amex FR question...

I see what your saying Crashem, I didn't know they could do it over the phone.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 15
Woolfman
Established Contributor

This was done through Amex website and just paying on my credit card. Amex does take into account the pending charges when figuring out how much they will allow you to pay. The Recent Payments & Credits amount is $1,485.00 

The Recent Charges amount is $1,157.59 

The Outstanding Balance amount is ($153.88) ($153.88)

The Payment Due amount is $0.00

Message 12 of 15
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

On the website I was able to pay my existing balance plus most of my "Pending Charges." It wouldn't let me pay $5.09 of that amount. Why? I don't know. It didn't make any sense, but that's what it let me pay.

Message 13 of 15
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

I have the Starwood preferred guest card. Thank you everyone for the responses. Do you think spending this much money will reduce my chances of cli in aug?

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Check to be sure your payment clears first. I am not certain that Amex allows pre-payments and front loading. Which Amex card do you have?

Message 14 of 15
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

@nada9188 wrote:
I have the Starwood preferred guest card. Thank you everyone for the responses. Do you think spending this much money will reduce my chances of cli in aug?

@bettercreditguy1 wrote:

Check to be sure your payment clears first. I am not certain that Amex allows pre-payments and front loading. Which Amex card do you have?

I think the answer is yes and no. Yes, it could increase your chances because it will show you can handle the cl you currently have and have the ability to pay it back. No, because if youre not usually spending this much money a month then it could raise some flags. Spending patterns matter with Amex. My advice is use it how you want, if you don't get that cli, try again later. Either way I doubt it results in a fr.

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.