Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another comeity shutdown!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yet another comeity shutdown!!

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya comedy is a weird beast.. They don't touch store cards, but majors they are shutting you down for pretty dumb reasons when people actually want to use those cards!  I can understand if someone doesn't use the cards, but when they do it is just bad business IMO if their profile supports the card.  Hopefully BJ's and other decent cards such as AKC they offer renegotiate their contracts with other more stable lenders when they are up for renewal

Agreed. I shop there every week. I was hesitant to even apply 

but it had great rewards for using it. 

Oh well. More spend on someone that doesn't have a cat near the rocking chair. 

Message 11 of 34
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Agreed. I shop there every week.

This is absolutely a reason to stop shopping there. Make it clear why you're taking business elsewhere. They pressure people into signing up for a card and it's suddenly closed without a sensible reason.

Message 12 of 34
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@jason0618 wrote:
Y'all make me want to close my Victoria's Secret.
Overstock gave me a random $50 cli last month and vs is still at $250.

$50 bucks?!?!'s WTH??

I've never heard of such a thing.  DW has Overstock, they cld  her from $2k to $500 bucks! Whatever!! I guess a $50 buck cli is better than a $1,500 cld! 

Keep Vickies... Something about that girl! 😁

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 13 of 34
jason0618
Frequent Contributor

Yup. That's what I thought. Went from $500-550. I was kinda offended by it actually.
The wife likes VS, which tends to benefit me, and a $250 limit still works there
Scores as of 04/2021

Gardening until further notice
Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Dang my friend that stinks. The inq excuse is crazy, 13 inqs isnt too bad , heck i still have more on my EX.

It seems as if Comenity store cards and visas/mcs dont mix. I have 3 cards backed by Comenity but i know im 100% sure i wont apply anymore again. 2 i basically use as buffers but will be closed when i begin my scaleback and the only worthwhile one i have is Paypal Credit. Even that i dont want to abuse.

Like our good friend Humu likes to say Just Say No to ComenitySmiley Wink

I've pretty much made up my mind by now that the only Comenity card that I see any reasonable prospect of using regularly and that I want to apply to is Paypal Credit, and I'm not going to push for a real big SL either; I'd be perfectly satisfied with something like my Discover and Cap One unsecured SL's (that is, $2,500 - $3,000).

Message 15 of 34
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Aaaand my ban of Comenity continues..

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya comedy is a weird beast..

I think you've just found the new site nickname for Comenity.

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Look at how "cheesy" there website is! Looks like a beginner in web design put it together. Glad I am away from them Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Lol was watching a hockey game last night and knew I mistyped it, although wsa appropriate so just left it and people still knew what I was talking about Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I terminated most of my relationship with this bank when all this began, I have 1 visa left with them and thats it, have 0 desire for any further accounts with them even though I am pre approved most of the time I order from a site that they manage the companies credit program. If you have high inquiries on ANY CR then I would advise one to stay away from Comenity
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.