Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another thread about Target RedCard

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Yet another thread about Target RedCard

Member since 2007.  initial CL was set at 200, the one month later bumped to 1k...where it has sat...

UNTIL THIS WEEK.  big CLI of.... $300!  Its a start, so they do happen.

the other thing I learned this week, and I'm sure its posted here as well is that the Target VISA cards that are out there are changing to MasterCards.  No info if they are going to release the MC for application or not... but I had a chatty cashier....

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yet another thread about Target RedCard

Congrats!

Im hoping for the upgrade to Target MC to be offered to me at some point although Im not sure if thats a pipe dream or not. If my walmart card grows quicker then I will probably end up closing target. Still need the utilization for now. 

Message 2 of 32
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing! I started out at $300 and I'm currently at $800. I'm looking forward to some more auto luv!!! Smiley Happy

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 3 of 32
onstar
Established Contributor

I opened my Target card 18 months ago (when I my score was ~600). Started with a $500 CL.

Within 3 months, I got a $400 CLI to $900.

Another 6 months later, I got a $200 CLI to $1100.

So they do happen.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 4 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont care what they get turned to. Their direct competitors offer financing options for larger purchases, mostly electronics but still offered. I can't get a redbird AMEX because i do not live in Arizona, so i cant even use those perks as a way to be a higher volume customer. Of course shopping at target is a much more pleasant experience.

I hate them but continue to put  about 80-100 a month on the store card, for one day ill go past 1000, the same limit since 2010.

Message 5 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont care what they get turned to. Their direct competitors offer financing options for larger purchases, mostly electronics but still offered. I can't get a redbird AMEX because i do not live in Arizona, so i cant even use those perks as a way to be a higher volume customer. Of course shopping at target is a much more pleasant experience.

I hate them but continue to put  about 80-100 a month on the store card, for one day ill go past 1000, the same limit since 2010.

I need to investigate the target amex reloadable. Its available in more states besides Arizona.... Have seen them sell fairly often on ebay for $25. Have $1 balance and ready for registration.

I just think it would be cool because I could fund money from my other serve account either by debit or by amex/cap1 and still have that extra layer of protection and also get 5%..... folks ya cant beat shopping at target sometimes, up to 4 like coupons per transaction, 1 target coupon and 1 manufacturers coupon per item, plus any cartwheel offers, then 5 percent off that!

Message 6 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to investigate the target amex reloadable. Its available in more states besides Arizona.... Have seen them sell fairly often on ebay for $25. Have $1 balance and ready for registration.

I just think it would be cool because I could fund money from my other serve account either by debit or by amex/cap1 and still have that extra layer of protection and also get 5%..... folks ya cant beat shopping at target sometimes, up to 4 like coupons per transaction, 1 target coupon and 1 manufacturers coupon per item, plus any cartwheel offers, then 5 percent off that!

I was wondering about that!   It has been available (as in from Target stores) in a number of states.   And you can get them from third-party sellers (normal caveats apply)

Not sure why anyone but fairly new rebuilders care about the Target cc.   Yes, for that magic "utilization" word we hear all the time, but the complaints are that the CL is so small that can't matter all that much.    If you can't get a redbird, get the Target Debit and link it to a small checking account

Message 7 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was wondering about that!   It has been available (as in from Target stores) in a number of states.   And you can get them from third-party sellers (normal caveats apply)

Not sure why anyone but fairly new rebuilders care about the Target cc.   Yes, for that magic "utilization" word we hear all the time, but the complaints are that the CL is so small that can't matter all that much.    If you can't get a redbird, get the Target Debit and link it to a small checking account

I would have to be intoxicated to sign up for that in my name, no offense lol. Too soon.

So what do you mean magic util with a target card

Message 8 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would have to be intoxicated to sign up for that in my name, no offense lol. Too soon.

So what do you mean magic util with a target card

I meant that utilization is used as the justification for almost everything, not saying there is anything magical about it for the Target card (except those complaining about low limits can't be getting much utilization gain from having it)

Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

My beef is with the policy of credit already extended. If a tv is 50 bucks less at target and the purchase price is 500 or more, people may go to walmart for the financing who are paycheck to paycheck. This affects the lower middle class/ upper low class market, who target is supposed to cater to in the first place. you can price match too. the idea is to make them buy once they are in there, maybe im old school?

Yes, if you do decide to get that 500 tv you are now at 60% util with tax and hdmi cables etc. Ouch, 13 +/- bucks interest coming next month. 

Now, I know red amex card is in a lot more states, but since i am in CA, arizona would be my closest store to do a walk in and start up. Are California Target atms and registers on that same network? In that case sure i can get one shipped here for a few bucks and get one going, but not necessary, you can use your debit card and get the 5%.

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.