Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yippy!!! Got first Amex :) Zync though :D

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Yippy!!! Got first Amex :) Zync though :D

@Gypsystravels wrote:

Just called AMEX out of curiosity regarding applying and the rep told me that the GREEN card is being used as a way to help customers "rebuild" their credit...huh?  I am going to wait another month and then apply...I just don't want a rejection right now. 

Good luck to all those that have recently been approved but I will wait til I can get the card I really want. 

Gahh, if this is really true it's going to hurt me self-esteem. I was very excited to be approved for this card recently when I chose it over the Zync which is said to be easiest to get. Smiley Sad

Message 21 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Folks, How much credit line does Zync provide? Will it at least let me pay my rent of 1100 every month?

Why would you pay your rent with a credit card that is notorious for over-analyzing your credit reports?

Message 22 of 75
Achase
Regular Contributor

amex is not a credit rebuilding company its either u have it or you dont...so im not sure which rep said those things out of their mouth but that info is just not right

Starting Score: 490
Current Score: 522
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 75
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Hi jaystay,

I was thinking if I utilize their card more, it would help build a better credit history with Amex? Am I wrong? Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Hi jaystay,

I was thinking if I utilize their card more, it would help build a better credit history with Amex? Am I wrong? Smiley Sad

Yea, that seems to be the common answer. Gets you in the door and if you use it properly you will recieve other offers in the future. I was pre-approved for Green and Zync, but chose Green thinking it was harder (better) than the Zync but who even knows. At least the rewards on the Green seem to be better. Smiley Indifferent

Message 25 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe me, I found it very strange that he even said that.  I called the 800 number to apply by phone...I explained that I had two pre selects and that I wasn't sure what "their" criteria was regarding one or the other and he went on to say that if I was "rebuilding" that the Green card would be the one to apply for as Amex is currently using it for those who are "rebuilding".....

Oh well, I still don't know if I want to pull the trigger now or wait til next month. 

Message 26 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

jaystay, what are your specifics?  util, aaoa, etc?

Message 27 of 75
Achase
Regular Contributor

Well my story is kinda weird because I wanted an Amex card for ever and always was denied for the gold card my last denial was July this year for a list baddies that were not atleast two years old yet...and a charge off from another company....fastforward to 10/31 I tried the preapproval and nothing came up but I just applied anyway and instant approval for te green then I realized I wasn't happy so I apped again for the gold premium rewards instant approval again....then I started lookin at the platinum and was upset that I didn't just app for that one in the first place so the next day I called the application line and tried to see about switching the card long story short they Said no and I apped for the platinum and instant approval again so when I received all three I closed the green and gold card and now I just have the platinum!!!

Message 28 of 75
Achase
Regular Contributor

I put that out there so you can understand that Amex is not a rebuilding company and u will be denied until u meet their approval criteria and once u meet it then u can have whichever Amex charge card that u want as long as you are willing to pay the annual fee and pay your balance in full

Message 29 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gypsystravels wrote:

jaystay, what are your specifics?  util, aaoa, etc?

650 EQ (they pulled EX though which should be higher since it has higher AAoA) AAoA was 7 years. util 5% of $24k total. lates from defaults on SLs two years ago.

I feel like calling them to ask if it's true that my card is now geared towards rebuilders.

Message 30 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.