Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You Guys Have me Terrified of AMEX

tag
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Re: You Guys Have me Terrified of AMEX

We have more important things to worry about than a FR. Like. Are we going out to dinner tonight or are we going to stay home and cook.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 31 of 34
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Why people like this card so much is a mystery to me?

IMO,  They used to be very good, but started changing about 6,7 years ago.  

Message 32 of 34
FrugalRican
Blogger

It's a credit card. Not Russian Roulette.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 33 of 34
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

After reading dozens of Amex threads today, it has me worried.

I just got approved for the Gold Delta and was happy at the time. Now, everything I do, I feel like I have to be careful.

If I get another inquiry, they might shut me down.

If I spend too much, they might shut me down.

If a new tradeline reports, they might shut me down.

If a 25 dollar medical collection returns to my report, they might shut me down.

If I need a new car and apply for a car loan, they might shut me down.

They might look at my file one day and say, "SCREW IT, SHUT THIS SAP DOWN"

I'm starting to wonder why I app'd for this... it's like I opened up an account with the KGB.

The only concern I would have is your medical collection.  AMEX expects strong credit, and may view a new collection as a sign of issues in your financial life.

This forum makes wayyyyyyyy to much about FR's from AMEX.  I have had them for years, and added 8 new accounts since I started with them.  My income has fluctuated, and I have update with each change.  Just be honest.

I think many people that react on this forum with such distain for an FR is becuase they have been caught doing something wrong.  IE someone that quits because their boss caught them steeling pens. 

If your income justifys your spend they will support you with the best rewards out their, and very generous credit limits. 

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.