Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You got mail... Discover arrived.. !!! head is spinning

tag
culture
Regular Contributor

You got mail... Discover arrived.. !!! head is spinning

Those feels when you get home and see that mail waiting for you..

I got the report..... For comparing pourposes,  myfico reported 771 at the time of my apps .  The Pull from discover gave me a score of 755 .

I guess it can be that I applied for Discovery after I did chase and amex.       

For those who dont know .. I got 4k .  after i got  6k of freedom  and amex is pending address verification .

Here  is the question...  I'm really happy with my mini app spreed, but  can I call Discover and recon the 4k to a bit more explaining that I want to do a BT ?

Or would be this pushing my luck ?  I was thinking that all this is computer based and maybe a CRS can get the hang of it and use the same original pull ?

I'm putting this over the table because I know there are a lot of people here with good info ...

Please let me know ..

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: You got mail... Discover arrived.. !!! head is spinning

@culture wrote:

I got the report..... For comparing pourposes,  myfico reported 771 at the time of my apps .  The Pull from discover gave me a score of 755 .

For those who dont know .. I got 4k .  after i got  6k of freedom  and amex is pending address verification .

Here  is the question...  I'm really happy with my mini app spreed, but  can I call Discover and recon the 4k to a bit more explaining that I want to do a BT ?

Or would be this pushing my luck ?  I was thinking that all this is computer based and maybe a CRS can get the hang of it and use the same original pull ?

I'm putting this over the table because I know there are a lot of people here with good info ...

Please let me know ..

You can always call but it may result in a HP. I'd hold it for 6 months then request a CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@culture wrote:

Please let me know ..

Congrats! Your post pic is creepy, though...Smiley Surprised!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 9
culture
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

You can always call but it may result in a HP. I'd hold it for 6 months then request a CLI.

so you think it will be a HP .... i will search more of similar stories 

Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your approval. Asking for a higher CL will probably be a HP

That picture makes me feel like I'm in an episode of X-Files. Lol
Message 5 of 9
culture
Regular Contributor

Congrats! Your post pic is creepy, though...Smiley Surprised!

is this better 

Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@culture wrote:

Please let me know ..

You've done well don't push it Smiley Embarassed

They have also been known to give you enough for BT and not change the limit when BT is paid you return to original limit. Rare but possible

I read one story within the last couple of days ...........Garden time

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on your approval. Asking for a higher CL will probably be a HP

That picture makes me feel like I'm in an episode of X-Files. Lol

+1

It will be an HP and they can based if off a different report vs. the one previously used for initial approval.  Why poke the bear?

Message 8 of 9
culture
Regular Contributor

I guess my mind was spinning with possibilities.   I will let this age.. and work with it ... 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.