cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You guys heard about the new Orchardbank card?

tag
Phrostbyte

You guys heard about the new Orchardbank card?

3% off gas

2% off otherwise

https://www.orchardbank.com/ecare/homepage/creditcards?WT.svl=100

When I applied they approved me with a $40 annual fee so I was like F it.. but maybe you guys can do better. Their high APR/Platinum card has no annual fee. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: You guys heard about the new Orchardbank card?

"Variable 14.90% - 15.99%"

That is outrageous! Rewards cards don't seem worth it to me, you just end up paying higher intrest. I suppose this is good for those that PIF.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is interesting that their annual fees and application fees vary as well. If they are seeking people with above average credit they could get some takers if there were no fees.
Message 3 of 7
Phrostbyte

Yeah the APR rates aren't too great but I wasn't planning on keeping an active balance between payments..

I think they might be targetting people with poor credit histories. So, nevermind about this card. Since I posted this I've done some research and apparently they give you low credit limits, their site sucks, and their customer service is horrible. Stick to your PenFeds guys. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My opinion

I would stay away from HSBC unless you are dealing with a Best Buy Card.  They always leave a sour taste in my mouth and that is why I refuse to do business with them unless I must finance something through Best Buy.

TheTaxMan

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My opinion

@Anonymous wrote:

I would stay away from HSBC unless you are dealing with a Best Buy Card.  They always leave a sour taste in my mouth and that is why I refuse to do business with them unless I must finance something through Best Buy.

TheTaxMan

And what makes the Best Guy store card any different?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

"Variable 14.90% - 15.99%"

That is outrageous! Rewards cards don't seem worth it to me, you just end up paying higher intrest. I suppose this is good for those that PIF.

All rewards cards that I've seen have higher APRs. Even penfed is 14%. If you're paying interest on a rewards card, then you are not maximizing your rewards. If you need to carry a balance, you do it with another card. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.