Phrostbyte

You guys heard about the new Orchardbank card?

3% off gas

2% off otherwise

https://www.orchardbank.com/ecare/homepage/creditcards?WT.svl=100

When I applied they approved me with a $40 annual fee so I was like F it.. but maybe you guys can do better. Their high APR/Platinum card has no annual fee. 

Regular Contributor
wcnghj

Re: You guys heard about the new Orchardbank card?

"Variable 14.90% - 15.99%"

That is outrageous! Rewards cards don't seem worth it to me, you just end up paying higher intrest. I suppose this is good for those that PIF.

04/2009
TU:745
EQ:764

10/2008
TU: 708
EQ: 708
EX:707
Valued Contributor
debtisgood

It is interesting that their annual fees and application fees vary as well. If they are seeking people with above average credit they could get some takers if there were no fees.
Phrostbyte

Yeah the APR rates aren't too great but I wasn't planning on keeping an active balance between payments..

I think they might be targetting people with poor credit histories. So, nevermind about this card. Since I posted this I've done some research and apparently they give you low credit limits, their site sucks, and their customer service is horrible. Stick to your PenFeds guys. 

Contributor
TheTaxMan

My opinion

I would stay away from HSBC unless you are dealing with a Best Buy Card.  They always leave a sour taste in my mouth and that is why I refuse to do business with them unless I must finance something through Best Buy.

TheTaxMan

Use your credit wisely during these rough economic times!!!
Established Contributor
beenthere

Re: My opinion

TheTaxMan wrote:

I would stay away from HSBC unless you are dealing with a Best Buy Card.  They always leave a sour taste in my mouth and that is why I refuse to do business with them unless I must finance something through Best Buy.

TheTaxMan

And what makes the Best Guy store card any different?
1-14-08....... TU=683, EQ=667, EX=666
7-04-08....... TU=688, EQ=678, EX=682.......
.......4 of my 5 cards and a new car later.
2/13/09 and forever EX 693
Regular Contributor
Wesley23

wcnghj wrote:

"Variable 14.90% - 15.99%"

That is outrageous! Rewards cards don't seem worth it to me, you just end up paying higher intrest. I suppose this is good for those that PIF.

All rewards cards that I've seen have higher APRs. Even penfed is 14%. If you're paying interest on a rewards card, then you are not maximizing your rewards. If you need to carry a balance, you do it with another card. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+