Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You guys were wrong about Target :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: You guys were wrong about Target :)

I'm glad for you....but we're still not wrong about Target. LOL.
Message 11 of 19
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

I made the biggest mistake with this card that I don't think I'll ever rebound from.  When I opened it (5 years ago) it was for $200, then they bumped me up to $500.  I missed a payment and when they called to collect it I made the payment and then asked them to decrease the CL to $100.  I have been stuck at $100 ever since.  I was young and had NO IDEA about credit. Bad move on my part for sure....

Message 12 of 19
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Congrats! 

A $1000.00 a month at TARGET?  Dang!  I guess I will  always be at $200.00.  The only thing at Target that makes me want to drive the 4 miles to the store is those raspberry, coconut, and mango fruty slushy drinks they have for about $3.00.  And I have to admit that last summer just to actually give the card some use, I did just that.. and I did buy some DVDs and stuff.  But I just cant justify spending Target prices when I can get the same thing at Walmart for a less money.  I have had the card for 8 months or so and it took 5 before I actually used the darn thing.

I have seen some book cases and stuff that I would love to order online, but they charge an arm and a leg for shippinp whereas with Walmart, I can just have items shipped to the store for free then pick it up.

I am trying to find ways to spend on this card, but for now it is just a couple of DVDs here and there.. some cat food/litter.   

Congrats to all of you whom got a CLI with them by using the card. 

*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 13 of 19
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Mantra,

I've been using my Target card (Visa) quite a bit as of late.  There for awhile I was putting 2k or so on it a month.  I'm trying to cut back and only use it for something I'm going to PIF on immediately.  One thing I've made sure to do is to go to a SuperTarget whenever I get the 10% off coupons for hitting 1k points.  I'll easily spend 200-300 bucks at once by stocking up on Archer Farms groc items and things that are on sale that I can store for later use.  I'm currently addicted to their Dill Pickle Cashews, so I'll admit to making a few side trips when necessary.

In between SuperTarget grocery trips, I tend to use it for groceries at Walmart (something that can be PIF).  If I go to a stand alone grocery store, then I'll use my Amazon Visa for 2x pointsWhoops, I was wrong about the 2x points at groc stores - time to rethink how I use that card!

I feel like a broken record, but I'm proof that Target rewards use and history.  I started at 200 in 2002 and now I'm sitting at 7k.

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 01-10-2009 10:24 AM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 14 of 19
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

Thats an amazing limit. I only use my card for basics and meds for my son that are very expensive turn back around and use the 10% off coupon. I wish they sent more than one a month because I could really get about 2 or 3 in the mail a month.

For having the card for 7 years thats an incredible limit Smiley Very Happy

Message 15 of 19
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

tempusfugit123 wrote:

Thats an amazing limit. I only use my card for basics and meds for my son that are very expensive turn back around and use the 10% off coupon. I wish they sent more than one a month because I could really get about 2 or 3 in the mail a month.

For having the card for 7 years thats an incredible limit Smiley Very Happy

Thanks!  I totally milk those coupons for all they're worth! 

Oddly enough, I just filled a prescription that wasn't covered under insurance.  The nice RPh at CVS mentioned that that there's a county discount card that might help with the cost.  Sure enough, from something like 48 bucks to 27!  Perhaps there's a gem like that waiting for you in your area, too!

It's very odd to admit that the Target Visa is my highest limit, whereas my Amex CC is my lowest (500).  A year ago I had a 1k limit, which was auto-cli'd to 5k in Feb, then to 7k in October.  My Target card was pretty much hanging around 90% util for the first five years of its existence. 

Good luck with working that Target card!  Smiley Wink

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 16 of 19
Darksyde25
Valued Member

Yah I'm kinda disappointed with Target.  I e-mailed the EO and didn't hear anything until I received a letter in the mail stating their usual "we don't accept cusomter initiated credit line increase requests"  but thank you for contacting our Executive Office...blah blah..  Can't even be bothered to call me?  It's pretty sad.  Let me think...not be able to spend much and get rewards with them or go somewhere else where I can get lots of rewards and spend lots of money.  Who wants the business?? 

Starting/Current Score: TU:sub 600 EQ: sub 600 EX: sub 600
Message 17 of 19
tempusfugit123
Frequent Contributor

After having the card for years im dissapointed myself. I hate accounts that dont grow.
Message 18 of 19
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

*** Old thread alert ***
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.