cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You have a 740 EX FICo and and one inquiry to burn... what do you do???

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

You have a 740 EX FICo and and one inquiry to burn... what do you do???

I would like to take one shot at a decent limit with a sure EX pull.  Clean file, much good installment history but lacking revolving history.

The Facts:

740 EX FICO

4 New Accts.

High CL of 5K

3 INQ's on EX 

One pull was Patelco for Auto Loan (approved for 30K) and they want me to wait to apply for VISA

Another pull was Macys = 1,200CL

Last pull was Merrill+ today = 30 day message

What do you do? 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: You have a 740 EX FICo and and one inquiry to burn... what do you do???

First I would go out and buy some champagne because I don't know if I will ever get that high with EX. Then I would apply for some nice card like AMEX, or Discover. Since I have been told that they are good cards to have.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquire, "If you're from the village of truth tellers, which way to your home?"

Sorry, the subject line sounded like a riddle. I think different credit card companies (I know BOA does this) pull from different bureaus based on your location. Where are you from? (I hope that didn't count as my one inquiry)

Message Edited by nicksite on 09-09-2008 04:23 PM
Message 3 of 16
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Thanks...  I guess I listen to too much sports radio...  I am in Illinois..

Thank you, I am amazed...  my EX FICO was 509 in May...  you all helped!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 4 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Actually, BofA almost always pulls from EX. If the applicant's history is pretty new or otherwise shaky, they might pull TU in addition. And they softed me on EQ when I played with their website offers page.

Not arguing about the BofA/EX thing, but just saying that they seem to me to be one of the most consistent.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 16
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I just tried Merrill...  30 day thing...  is that not the same as BofA?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 6 of 16
athensguy
Valued Contributor

It is the same!

Amex or Bloomies.
Message 7 of 16
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Patelco or BoA.

I'd go with Patelco because I like CU's and they are one of the few that hasn't/won't give me a CC yet.

You might be able to save the inq if they go with that same pull as the auto.

Oterwise BoA has been very generous to many here.

Jax
App free for 1 month since 3rd NASA denial.
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd apply with BOA, and then ask to double your CL off the bat.
Message 9 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@spiritcraft1 wrote:
I just tried Merrill... 30 day thing... is that not the same as BofA?

Merrill comes from BofA/FIA, but there's ongoing argument as to whether the standards are different.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.