Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know you are in primeville when....

tag
Redissochi
New Contributor

You know you are in primeville when....

You come home to a Pre-approval from AMEX, apply and get approved!! I have been approved for the Green Card, last year I applied and I was denied so this is a big step for me!! I probably wont give it too much action considering I have been giving my FNBO AMEX all the love but this is a great card to have in my mix. To think two years ago AMEX would have laughed at me now they are sending me pre approvals and approving me!! Myfico, if you were a man I would kiss you LOL

Starting Score: 624
Current Score: 710(MYFICO 06/10/2013) Experian: 705 (Pulled from Bank of America while applying for an auto loan 5/2013)Goal Score: 800 Club

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: You know you are in primeville when....

@Redissochi wrote:

You come home to a Pre-approval from AMEX, apply and get approved!! I have been approved for the Green Card, last year I applied and I was denied so this is a big step for me!! I probably wont give it too much action considering I have been giving my FNBO AMEX all the love but this is a great card to have in my mix. To think two years ago AMEX would have laughed at me now they are sending me pre approvals and approving me!! Myfico, if you were a man I would kiss you LOL

BRAVO you have arrived (kiss) Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 17
pt310
Frequent Contributor

Grats! I just got my first amex today, too! It sure is a great feeling.
Message 3 of 17
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I was in a similar situation a couple of years ago when I received an unexpected pre-approval for an Amex Green and was then approved; I appreciate how you feel. Congratulations, and welcome to the Amex family!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 4 of 17
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! I may app for Amex in two years just so I can be a part of the in crowd, ha ha! Have (responsible) fun with it!

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 5 of 17
linux007969
Established Contributor

I know i'm in primevlle when i have all the credit i need for right now and i have Citi Bank sending me weekly offers for their cards and each time i use my will power and put them in the shreader bin! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 6 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Congrats on your rebuilding and obtaining your Amex!
Message 7 of 17
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats and welcome to the Amex family Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 9 of 17
Zahnrosen
Contributor

Amen to that!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.