Did you mean: 

You may be a Credit Card Geek if…

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Okay it’s Saturday and I’m bored feel free to add your own answers

If you have myfico.com set as your home page.

You visit more than 10 bank/credit card related sites a day, or worse in an hour.

When you get a new credit card in the mail you are more concerned about the Fico score than the CL.

If you were given a chance to go back in time to when you were 18, for a day, your to-do list would include applying for an AMEX card.

Your total CL for all your cards is enough to by a Mercedes or a Porsche but your next car will cost less than half that much.

You have 2 or more credit cards from 4 or more banks.

You can name 5 or more store credit cards backed by GE Money Bank, and Coventry Bank

You have at least 4 cards from both GE Money Bank and Coventry.

You have GE Credit Solutions number saved in your cellphone, double points if you have it listed as a favorite number.

You have the back door number of at least two credit card companies saved in your cellphone.

You would rather receive a Pre-Approved credit card offer in the mail than a birthday card.

You consider receiving a One Main or first premier credit card Application an insult.

You have used any of the following terms in a your daily conversation in regards to your credit, Gardening, Seedling, Spade, AAoA, CLI, CL, Drapping, HP, SP, EO, BT.

You know the name of a least 2 people that Work in underwriting, or the Executive office of a credit card company.

You are disappointed that you only got 3 CLI’s this month.  And strive to do better next month.

You would never let your UTL go over 50%, not only because of the FICO score ding, but you would be paying it down for the next 10 years.

You visit websites that are part of the shopping cart trick, just to see if you will get an offer, even if you aren’t interested in the card.  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 114
113 REPLIES 113
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Re: You may be a Credit Card Geek if…

Guilty. I have MyFico and Experian disputes websites as an app on my iPhone
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 2 of 114
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You check your crs, CK and CS as a daily routine

You have Manilla, Mint and/or PageOne as apps

You use backups in addition to the above apps as safety nets I.e iCal, spreadsheets etc

I'm guilty of the entire list.
Message 3 of 114
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

You decide which cards to app for based on whether they have cool looking designs or are made out of metal.

Message 4 of 114
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

You refresh your score watch ever half hour to see if your score has changedSmiley Tongue

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 5 of 114
pkosheta
Contributor

If your friend pulls out a credit card and you start rattling off all of its unique perks. (Guilty).
Age 29
AU- United+ Visa 33k, *97. GM MasterCard 15k, *95.
Individual- PenFed Plat Rew 7k, *08. Amex Blue 6.7k, *12. Hilton Amex 5.5k, *12. Chase Sapphire 15k, *12. U.S. Bank Cash+ 12.3k, *12. Barclays Priceline.com Rewards Visa 11k, *13. Citi DoubleCash (PC'd in *14) 7k, *13. Club Carlson Premier 9k, *13.
Message 6 of 114
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yes, I am guity. I seen a Citi TY Preferred today in person, now I want it Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 114
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@pkosheta wrote:
If your friend pulls out a credit card and you start rattling off all of its unique perks. (Guilty).

I do this all the time. Whenever anyone brings up a credit card they have and/or want, I always start talking about it, and usually hating on it because no one knows anything about credit. Smiley Tongue 

Also...

Total Page Views46180
Total Messages Read123744
Topics Started27
Replies2,638
Total Board Views12705
Total Logins1095
Total Minutes Online

But I think this thread might belong in smorgasboard Smiley Tongue 

Message 8 of 114
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

This thread is too funny.  Based on the combined list, I'm  not yet a geek - perhaps a geek in training.Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 114
JonStur
Established Contributor

If you just couldn't sleep until you owned the Four Horsemen ( AMEX MasterCard  Discover Visa )

if you can easily rattle off the differences and or advantages of a World Mastercard vs. Visa Signature....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 10 of 114
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.