Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're approved! ... Sort of.

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: You're approved! ... Sort of.

@Anonymous wrote:

As was already stated, you need a recon. Two points I have read is that US Bank likes $30K for income and five years credit experience (that said there have been comments that seem to contradict this). Good luck. My app for this card was with a pre-approved offer which I took to a branch where it took two days for approval (manual review) then my only credit line increase was after one year by telephone with a soft pull.

I think its $30K income and 5 credit cards. At least, thats how I heard in on myfico half a year ago.

When I PC'd a card to the Cash+, my oldest card was 1.5 years old (and closed). My oldest active card was 6 months old, and it was the card being PC'd to cash+. AAoA was 6 months.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Themanwhocan - yes I find the info confusing. Well could be five cards not five years.
Message 12 of 18
sr383
Regular Contributor

Time for an update:

I called Saturday, as advised, and was told that the "the account is too new for a CS upgrade, but ..." >click< Line goes dead. That's why I pay extra for Verizon. Smiley Frustrated

Anyway, it wasn't convenient to call back immediately (I was at a store, at the time), so I waited about 15 minutes ... by which time, the offices were closed for the holiday weekend.

Well, Tuesday morning I was told that they could request a credit line increase but that it would cost me a hard pull. At that point, I was on a mission, so I told 'em to go ahead. I was told that a decision woould be made by EOD Thursday and that I should call back this morning.

I called back this morning, and they said that I had been bumped up to $5,500. Great! Let's PC this to a Cash+. ... awkward silence. "Um, we can't change one card to another--that's a whole separate process." (As if anyone would have any use for a Cash Rewards card if they've got a Cash+.)

Lots of questions to colleagues, and I was finally transferred to cardmember services, who asked me what categories I wanted to start with and advised me that I should destroy my current card and to look for the Cash+ in 7-10 days. Smiley Happy

Which means they've really upgraded me or they're giving me the bum's rush.

Discover (3 weeks ago)

- Instant approval

- $10,000

- Send us your bills, and we'll pay 'em and won't charge you interest for 14 months

US Bank (September)

- Thanks for routing your paychecks straight to us. Here's $4,500 on a card you'll seldom use -- now, go away

- You again? I thought I wouldn't see your face for at least six months.

- Alright. We'll make it $5,500

- You're still here? Somebody give this guy a Cash+. He's becoming annoying.

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 13 of 18
Al209

When I applied for the Cash+ back in November, I was denied because they couldn't give a high enough credit limit (2.1K).  I only had one other credit card at the time (Discover IT, 5 months old),  After talking with someone in person, she thought it was mainly due to my income (~10k) to student debt (~30k) ratio.  I don't think it really matters how many cards you currently have.  My score was also somewhat high around 720 though.

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 728
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your recon and CLI and Cash+. Glad you stuck to it. There are CLIs with US Bank that are SPs too.

Message 15 of 18
sr383
Regular Contributor

My initial rejection letter for my CLI request didn't quote a score or name a bureau, so it seems to have been a soft pull. The recon was a hard pull.

The card arrived today, so now, everything in my wallet is actually useful. Smiley Very Happy

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 16 of 18
notfancy
Valued Contributor

@sr383 wrote:

Time for an update:

I called Saturday, as advised, and was told that the "the account is too new for a CS upgrade, but ..." >click< Line goes dead. That's why I pay extra for Verizon. Smiley Frustrated

Anyway, it wasn't convenient to call back immediately (I was at a store, at the time), so I waited about 15 minutes ... by which time, the offices were closed for the holiday weekend.

Well, Tuesday morning I was told that they could request a credit line increase but that it would cost me a hard pull. At that point, I was on a mission, so I told 'em to go ahead. I was told that a decision woould be made by EOD Thursday and that I should call back this morning.

I called back this morning, and they said that I had been bumped up to $5,500. Great! Let's PC this to a Cash+. ... awkward silence. "Um, we can't change one card to another--that's a whole separate process." (As if anyone would have any use for a Cash Rewards card if they've got a Cash+.)

Lots of questions to colleagues, and I was finally transferred to cardmember services, who asked me what categories I wanted to start with and advised me that I should destroy my current card and to look for the Cash+ in 7-10 days. Smiley Happy

Discover (3 weeks ago)

- Instant approval

- $10,000

- Send us your bills, and we'll pay 'em and won't charge you interest for 14 months

US Bank (September)

- Thanks for routing your paychecks straight to us. Here's $4,500 on a card you'll seldom use -- now, go away

The high lighted part literally made me LOL

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 17 of 18
Weights
Regular Contributor

@notfancy wrote:

@sr383 wrote:

Time for an update:

Discover (3 weeks ago)

- Instant approval

- $10,000

US Bank (September)

The high lighted part literally made me LOL

I actually found the highlighted part quite amusing as well, :Smiley LOL.  Glad it all worked out for you in the end.  As much as I'd like this card as well, my past experience with US Bank leaves much to be desired.  I'd rather not go through a repeat. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.