Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've GOT to be kidding me

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

You've GOT to be kidding me

**bleep** Amex.

I'm walking back from the gym, and my card which was supposed to arrive yestderday, didn't arrive today either, so I called to find out.

I get sent to the credit review department...  **bleep**!!!!!!  They need to verify and update info...

Please tell me I'm not getting F/R'ed before I even get the card!!!!!!!!!!!

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: You've GOT to be kidding me

Whoa that would be nuts if they are already F/Ring the card before you get it... hopefully not. Fingers crossed for you!

Message 2 of 44
smc733
Valued Contributor

I know!

My apologies MarienVietVet, just got a little heated, so the editing of the post is totally understood.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 44
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@smc733 wrote:

I know!

My apologies MarienVietVet, just got a little heated, so the editing of the post is totally understood.

I've been there also but we have to remember all the other folks who read these posts. Thanks for your understanding.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 44
mew
Valued Member

So if sending in something like documentation from the IRS doesn't satisfy a financial review, then what does?  What would be the next level of information/documents they could possibly ask for?

Starting Score: 400's
Current Score: EQ 790 EX 782 TU 765 NOV 2013 (MYFICO SCORES)
Goal Score: All Above 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 44
smc733
Valued Contributor

So apparently, when the apps get submitted to a separate department, they don't pull down the info on file for the credit department.

As it stands, they just needed to update my income and employer, and everything should be all set.  The card has NOT gone into the F/R department as of now.

False alarm, I suppose.

Message 6 of 44
aamex
Frequent Contributor

To be honest smc733 after seeing you deal with them over this card for months now. It isn't even worth it. You'll realize soon that the express membership rewards has really crappy conversion at best 1% to 1.5%(if you use it on Amazon). American Express has amazing customer service and I funneled a ton of money through this card at times 4,000$ a month. I also have very good history with them but if they put me through any of what they're putting you through for this piece of plastic I wouldn't deal with them EVER. I would consider upgrading to green, gold, or pr gold (depending on your taste) but zync isn't very "rewarding". And even if you had those packs your just adding to your annual fee and in the bigger scheme of things that should be last thing you want if you're looking to optimize your rewards. But, thats just my two cent.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 7 of 44
smc733
Valued Contributor

I realize that, but it looks like everything should be all set now.

Message 8 of 44
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

I realize that, but it looks like everything should be all set now.

Hope its worth it for you in the end. Lol, you definitely fought for that inquiry and tradeline. 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 9 of 44
smc733
Valued Contributor

Well, I want a non Visa/MC to pair with my BofA visa in my wallet, and I absolutely hate everything about my Discover card, so that leaves Amex...

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.