Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've GOT to be kidding me

tag
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Re: You've GOT to be kidding me

@barbaralee wrote:

I would axe them in a heart beat if they asked for verification. What matters is I get the credit and you get paid on time....

That is an amazing attitude. Just yesterday I was on the phone with the underwriting dept for over 30 minutes because this person's info was not matching up with his credit report. After so long underwriting decided to decline the app because we couldn't get the guy verified.

I've refused to taken credit applications because I couldn't get them verified. While asking for additional verification may be a hassle it is for your protection.

IMHO, credit applications is a no brainer as far as verification purposes. I was referring to the situation I responded to. Obviously, it is one's personal preference when it comes to choosing how much they will and will not tolerate from creditors. For myself, my tolerance level is low. So, in my case it is a very amazing attitude to have.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 41 of 44
ScoreBooster
Frequent Contributor

@aamex wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

I would axe them in a heart beat if they asked for verification. What matters is I get the credit and you get paid on time....

That is an amazing attitude. Just yesterday I was on the phone with the underwriting dept for over 30 minutes because this person's info was not matching up with his credit report. After so long underwriting decided to decline the app because we couldn't get the guy verified.

I've refused to taken credit applications because I couldn't get them verified. While asking for additional verification may be a hassle it is for your protection.

IMHO, credit applications is a no brainer as far as verification purposes. I was referring to the situation I responded to. Obviously, it is one's personal preference when it comes to choosing how much they will and will not tolerate from creditors. For myself, my tolerance level is low. So, in my case it is a very amazing attitude to have.

That's the point. If this guy would have asked me for my tax-returns..OK, I might have provided those. But he was asking for customer-names and their contact-info to verify my business - and that went too far!

Message 42 of 44
aamex
Frequent Contributor

@ScoreBooster wrote:

@aamex wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

That's the point. If this guy would have asked me for my tax-returns..OK, I might have provided those. But he was asking for customer-names and their contact-info to verify my business - and that went too far!

I agree with you 100%

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 43 of 44
barbaralee
Established Contributor

aamex wrote

I deal with fraud all the time, especially from those no brainer credit apps. I suppose I would be a bit more flippant, too, but where I work we are always being drilled about the potential of fraud. I've turned people down for credit apps because they failed verification questions.

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.