Frequent Contributor
DrJim

You've Made a Difference

3 years ago when I joined this forum I had one Government Credit Card that did not report to my CR.  I don't know exactly what my credit score was, but I had used cash and debit for ten years or so due to earlier problems handling credit.  I let my wife handle all the finances since she was a stay at home mom.  It was not pretty.  Then I was in Iraq for 18 months 06-07 and things got worse.

I got home home and we got busy.  Paid off debt and then decided I needed credit cards to have a better score, but would PIF each month.  You see the scores and CL's in my siggy below.  What it doesn't show is the $410K mortgage on our dream house that we closed on in June.

Even more bizarre is the fact that I am on the credentialing body for my profession.  We defer folks with credit/finance problems (650 FICO and lower).  Do you know who they are referred to?  You guessed it, me!  And I have helped several colleagues get 100+ point jumps thanks to what I have learned from this forum (plus the rebuilding forum, the mortgage forum, and the BK forum).

So, a great big THANK YOU from me and others whose lives you are touching through mentoring me.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K,
Senior Contributor
john398

Re: You've Made a Difference

Its probably a little early for your mortgage to report, it takes about 2 months or so

Frequent Contributor
DrJim

Re: You've Made a Difference

John,

I was expecting 3 months.  But I was refering to my signature line.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K,

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+