Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've Made a Difference

tag
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

You've Made a Difference

3 years ago when I joined this forum I had one Government Credit Card that did not report to my CR.  I don't know exactly what my credit score was, but I had used cash and debit for ten years or so due to earlier problems handling credit.  I let my wife handle all the finances since she was a stay at home mom.  It was not pretty.  Then I was in Iraq for 18 months 06-07 and things got worse.

I got home home and we got busy.  Paid off debt and then decided I needed credit cards to have a better score, but would PIF each month.  You see the scores and CL's in my siggy below.  What it doesn't show is the $410K mortgage on our dream house that we closed on in June.

Even more bizarre is the fact that I am on the credentialing body for my profession.  We defer folks with credit/finance problems (650 FICO and lower).  Do you know who they are referred to?  You guessed it, me!  And I have helped several colleagues get 100+ point jumps thanks to what I have learned from this forum (plus the rebuilding forum, the mortgage forum, and the BK forum).

So, a great big THANK YOU from me and others whose lives you are touching through mentoring me.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: You've Made a Difference

Its probably a little early for your mortgage to report, it takes about 2 months or so

Message 2 of 3
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

Re: You've Made a Difference

John,

I was expecting 3 months.  But I was refering to my signature line.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.