Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've got to be kidding me - another Barclays CLD

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: You've got to be kidding me - another Barclays CLD

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Here we are again, 9 months since my last CLD. My statement cut today, and I went online to review it, and they CLD'd me to $3,300. Card has been paid in full since October of last year, when I paid the deferred interest balance off 6 months before it was due. 

Data points: Currently have a $386 balance on my QS, which gets PIF monthly. I have two car loans, but no mortgage or rent payment, and the income to support both loans. No personal loans, no late payments. TU is 712 right now, with one $157 medical collection from 2011. I'm stumped as to what spooked them. 

The last time they CLD'd me, the reason given was I paid off my balances too quickly. Can't wait to see the idiotic reason this time... One more statement generation, and I can close the account with two full years of history. Barclays was there for me when I was rebuilding, and I love Apple products, but it's not worth the stress and I've outgrown them. 

Give me strength to not reach through the phone and strangle some poor CSR! 

You should call their Portfolio Card department and for the CL to be reinstated and find out the reason for the decrease.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 41 of 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

2016 the year of the Sync Blue Syndrome

2017 the year of Barclays AA Asinine Syndrome
Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is supposedly significant about waiting for 2 years before closing the account?  AFAIK, closed accounts don't count in your AAoA with FICO.  I have a 24-year old account that got closed due in inactivity and it sure doesn't boost my AAoA; however VantageScore likes to flaunt it as meaningful.

Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is supposedly significant about waiting for 2 years before closing the account?  AFAIK, closed accounts don't count in your AAoA with FICO.  I have a 24-year old account that got closed due in inactivity and it sure doesn't boost my AAoA; however VantageScore likes to flaunt it as meaningful.

Closed accounts do count in your AAoA on your FICO score. Up until the closure is 10 years old, then it falls off. That's why many suggest closing some cards isn't a big deal.

Message 44 of 46
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You're right- closing it now versus next month won't make one bit of difference. It's purely psychological for me. Smiley LOL

Message 45 of 46
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

So sorry op Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.