Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You've got to be kidding me - another Barclays CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: You've got to be kidding me - another Barclays CLD

Sorry to hear it. You will be better off without them. They have been bombarding my mailbox with Arrival + offers. Into the shredder they go. 

Message 31 of 46
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

+1 Co_Native, where are the TMNT's when we need them to teach Sir Barclays a lesson? Smiley Wink
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Discover2016 wrote:

I love flying Jetblue and boy was I annoyed when they decided to go from Amex to Barclays, a bank that I have blacklistedSmiley Mad

I fly JetBlue a lot too. That's the main reason I hope Barclays doesn't ever do this to me.

Message 33 of 46
Sexyblue
Contributor

Thank them now – they did you a favor. Now come play Barclays chess with me.

First Move  

Barclays will approve you for a card. After you get balance on it, and pay it off.

They will CLD you and accused you of cheating them.

Second Move

You get limit restored – charge some more and pay balance off. But, no longer used the card for a while.

Then they will CLD again- and say you cheated because you got inquires or new accounts with another bank.

Third Move

You called them about move two – And they will give you some more bogus reasons at to why they CLD on move two.

When you call them on it.

Then Barclays will claim that chess, credit and fico scores was invented to cheat them.  

Checkmate!

Barclays Humor  

TU 660,EX 679, EQ 673,
DiscoverIT19,500 | Barney's NY,16000 | Jcrew, 8000 | Macy'sRed,12000 | Bloomingdales,9000 | Elan Visa, 5000|
P.C Richards ,4000 | Amazon, 3000 | Barclays, 3000 WalmartMC, 3000 | Target, 3400| Brooks Brothers 1,400
CAP1, 1250 | BOA,1000 | BestBuy, 1000 | American Airlines, 1300|
Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two Barclays cards, no CLD so far anyway.  I'm well aware I'm playing with fire with them at least though.

Rewards card I will cancel, but it is free and is growing in age so no reason to cancel it.  Lowest credit limit of any card I have, Hulu bills to it and it is paid in full each month before the statement cuts.  I have zero need for this card other than it helps my AOAA to keep it going for now.  This was my second CC, they were the only ones who would give me a card at the time.

6 months later I got the Wyndham card, it at the time was my highest credit line to be given to me oddly enough. Not grown even $1 though lol.

From January to August that year I got 6 cards and not a word from them.  Like the Wyndham, hope to keep it long term.  Rewards card could care less about now.  I'd consider the JetBlue card and the Choice hotel card in the future maybe.

Message 35 of 46
bk510
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Ugh that's awful but unfortunately typical of Barclays. They burned me when I took advantage of a BT offer last year.

I just did a BT to Barclay for 1K last month. This is the BT offer they had for my account.....9.99% promo for 9 months, lol.

I PIF since the statement cut.......So we'll see what they'll do. Had the account for 3 yrs and stuck on 4.3K limit.

I'll be closing this in June no matter what.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Gambling all your customers are going to pay back all of a carried balance of 27%… not the position Id want to have. They are not a United States Bank they don't get bailed out the same or have the same incentives I guess. My take on it is they are smarter than most of us care to admit. a lot of us have cashed in on a balance transfer Shuffle… moving old card $$ to Barclays , apply for something else, score a longer intro rate with a bonus, and move it there… Rinse repeat. if they are doing soft pulls they see that the money is bouncing around over the course of a few months as its whittled down. Id be a pissed-off girlfriend too.

As mentioned in other threads, they are leading the way in firing low-profit investment customers (and others are following their lead).   It wouldn't surprise me to see other cc issuers get more aggressive too.    Things like 5/24, once in a lifetime bonus etc, help cut down on "excessive" rewards, but the next step really is:

This guy with 20 credit cards and hardly any spend on mine, is there any point in reserving such a big a line of credit for him/her?

So not just risk but also opportunity costs, will this line of credit be better used by someone else.    As a whole, I think the MyFico community are what banks don't particularly value.   Lets see if these things spread....

That would be a fine argument IF they didn't punish you for using more than 10% of your credit.  To me, that's the real issue here.

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. There is no rhyme or reason with them. Some get punished for not carrying a balance or using their credit.... some get punished for using too much. Some get punished for too many new accounts and some get punished for not enough experience. They make up crap. They have the most ridiculous reasons for their CLD. You should check out Reddit and see all the BS reasons.

It isn't just myFICO peeps.... or CB peeps... or credit forum peeps... it is regular every day people who don't know what we do on here. It is people with great credit scores and have never had anything like this happen to them. It is people who write into sites asking what in the F is going on and think they have fraud happening because it is so ridiculous.

I don't think it has anything to do with people not providing enough profit to Barclays... but that is JMHO.

Again OP... even tho I think you are better off without them and if you close you will be happy about it in the long run....

It Still sucks and it is a terrible feeling for someone who has worked so hard to improve their credit and score. I know personally. It felt like I got kicked in the stomach.

To all those who think there is a reason for this and that it won't happen to you..... I pray you are right. I honestly do not want this to happen to anyone on here. I know how hard all of us have worked to repair and rebuild. It's not a nice feeling
Message 38 of 46
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Exactly. There is no rhyme or reason with them. Some get punished for not carrying a balance or using their credit.... some get punished for using too much. Some get punished for too many new accounts and some get punished for not enough experience. They make up crap. They have the most ridiculous reasons for their CLD. You should check out Reddit and see all the BS reasons.

It isn't just myFICO peeps.... or CB peeps... or credit forum peeps... it is regular every day people who don't know what we do on here. It is people with great credit scores and have never had anything like this happen to them. It is people who write into sites asking what in the F is going on and think they have fraud happening because it is so ridiculous.

I don't think it has anything to do with people not providing enough profit to Barclays... but that is JMHO.

Again OP... even tho I think you are better off without them and if you close you will be happy about it in the long run....

It Still sucks and it is a terrible feeling for someone who has worked so hard to improve their credit and score. I know personally. It felt like I got kicked in the stomach.

To all those who think there is a reason for this and that it won't happen to you..... I pray you are right. I honestly do not want this to happen to anyone on here. I know how hard all of us have worked to repair and rebuild. It's not a nice feeling

As you know from the comments, there is a subset here who have had no problems with Barclays.  (And checking my CR, I have had high balances of 30% reporting in the past).    As for regular every day people, how do you know that they are getting hit? 

I would be interested in knowing how many "regular" people, with say 2-3 cards and who have never needed to rebuild, are really getting hit.   My guess is that the risk algorithms are tuned to normal profiles, and the ones here are generally far from that!

Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know because when it happened to me I found lots of Reddit and twitter posts on this topic. Now anyone who is a credit person probably joined a board and would post there. Reddit and Twitter is great for people who write complaints against companies. This is just my opinion... take it for what it is worth. Not gonna argue with anyone over it. Just spent 4 days reading all over the internet when this happened to me and learned a lot.
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.