Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Young credit report, want another card. HELP

tag
bobbyburns34

Young credit report, want another card. HELP

on CK says im a 679

have a 300 limit on a Cap One secured card. Was $200 then raised to $300 a month ago outta no where.

had the card for 6 months, all 6 payments on time way before due date.

have no other bills or cards. so i have nothing but the cap one on file.

any help?

before i posted this i tried to get the chase freedom card and says they will send me in the mail if im approved or denied. Im guessing i didnt get it.

i need to get a card with no annual fee, something that wi will get approved for. i just want to work on my credit, CL limit means nothing to me at the moment

Message 1 of 100
99 REPLIES 99
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Young credit report, want another card. HELP

for your chase freedom, call in the reconsideration number in the sticky thread and talk to a credit analyst.

you can check out other secured cards. Bank of America and Wells Fargo have secured cards that can eventually be graduated to unsecured.

You can also check out credit builder cards. Capital One, US Bank has some of those.

Are you also interested in store cards?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 100
bobbyburns34

Not trying to get another secured card, i dont want to put anything down really.

i only have 2 inquires on my credit report, well it will be 3 now with the chase.

um, id rather not get a store card but im not sure at the moment.. HM

Message 3 of 100
bobbyburns34

also the only reason i went with the cap one secured card was because i had NO credit. i have no negatives or anything now or ever. but i went with them because of the low down payment.

i just want to get 1 more card and stick with those 2 for 6+ months and see what that does to my score and history.

Message 4 of 100
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I say if you apply for a store card that will be enough for your credit to get strong. It all depends which store card fits you best(grocery store, clothing store, gas station,)

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 100
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats what I think, any1 else want to give him a different prescription?

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 100
Richierichdollar
New Contributor

I say wait 2 more months and app for a cap one unsecured cash rewards you have history with them and will likely be you best card to get atm with you situation

Message 7 of 100
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

If you have a checking account with chase then they might approve it during manual recon. I got approved chase cc for 500 limit using the recon route. Best way is to get a boa secure credit card which charges 39 dollar annual fee but graduates to unsecured after one year. During recent recon with cap one credit analyst, I came to know getting a secured card from good bank is important if you want to build credit history from scratch.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 8 of 100
bobbyburns34

i do NOT have bank with chase, wish i did.

thought it would be easier to get a card now that i at least have some credit Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 100
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

OP - call the Chase recon line and ask if you got approved.  If they say no, ask them to reconsider.  You have a decent shot at it.

Message 10 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.