Did you mean: 

Young credit report, want another card. HELP

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Young credit report, want another card. HELP

@09Lexie wrote:
I started off with a $700 CL last Oct, its at $4k now. I've used it 3 maybe 4 x

It'd be good if you use it every once in a while.  Having higher limits nets you higher limits as your profile grows.  The walmart card is good for getting a free score... growing very fast in limit.. basically every 4 months and it gives you access to another tradeline that lowers your utility if you carry a balance.  

For growing your credit.. it's a good card to start with.

If you decide to app this card.. it's be best if you use it like 09Lexie... at least once every month or 2 then PIF

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 71 of 100
bobbyburns34

isnt it you can go and pay the balance off in store, correct?

Message 72 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I used mine once for a few groceries, then at Christmas I bought iPhone 5's for the family and finally a blu ray DVD player last month.
Message 73 of 100
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bobbyburns34 wrote:

isnt it you can go and pay the balance off in store, correct?

right.. immediately at check out right after you used the card.

buy like $5 worth of something every once in while for usage

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 74 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You can pay online or in the store. Personally, Walmart gives me the hives so I limit my trips. Lol. I hate crowds.
Message 75 of 100
bobbyburns34

wow, that quick? my mom does shopping there sometimes, maybe i should go with her. shop, use my card then just go and pay it off. same thing as cash LOL except helping my credit

Message 76 of 100
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
You can pay online or in the store. Personally, Walmart gives me the hives so I limit my trips. Lol. I hate crowds.

HAHA!  that's funny!  I only go there late at night...when no one's there but I have a Walmart card.  My limit- 9K

Message 77 of 100
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@bobbyburns34 wrote:

wow, that quick? my mom does shopping there sometimes, maybe i should go with her. shop, use my card then just go and pay it off. same thing as cash LOL except helping my credit

Right.. that's exactly what I do.  I use it then pay at the register immediately like cash just to keep it active every once in a while.  

Message 78 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'll be asking for $8500 in Sept since I just got an increase last week. Jeez, that means I have to make a trip soon.
Message 79 of 100
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 80 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.