Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Younkers (Bon-Ton) Store Card Info Needed Pretty Please

tag
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

Younkers (Bon-Ton) Store Card Info Needed Pretty Please

I thought I was in the garden for a while, and then Younkers sent me an email with a preapproval. I ignored it because I was intending to garden for a couple/few years. I'm rebuilding and doing a fine job (IMHO) and planned to look at Citi or Chase at the point post-discharge that they might have me. Anyway, I have three Comenity cards (Ulta, OS, and Meijer) that I do use sparingly and never carry a balance. I closed my VS card a couple weeks ago. It was my first card post-discharge and I really shouldn't have opened it but the allure of rebuilding caused me to pluck that low hanging fruit. 

I noticed in the last several weeks I started getting emails with coupons from Younkers for card holders only. Weird since I don't have one but my mom was happy to use them. I do shop there for most of our family's clothes. Anyway, today I got a preapproval mailer from them which is really tempting me because that was the one I was hoping/waiting for and there it is a second time. 

My concern is that this will be another low limit, slow growing piece of plastic in my wallet. I'm OK with the hard pull but if it's like my Meijer card that won't grow past $750 no matter how I treat it, I'm not so sure I want it. I see the coupons my mom gets and it makes me salivate though.

What are your experiences? Starting limit? CLIs? I read somewhere that there's no luv button for this one and requests are a hard pull. True? Do they give generous and or frequent auto CLIs?

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Younkers (Bon-Ton) Store Card Info Needed Pretty Please

This is a generalization but for me no store cards are worth hp for me. I would honestly stick to original plan and garden and get the Citi and Chase you have been trying to get.

My opinion on cards is go for cards you actually want and will use not ones you can get right now

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Seems to me in this case Op really wants and would use this card. So thats a plus. Anyway you could check credit pull database to see if anyone has been approved for this card and what there limits were? I havent seen too much if anything about this card in my year plus on the forum so csnt really advise you in it only in be careful getting too many Comenity cards as sometimes they bite back in the oddest of ways. I wish you luck in possibly getting this cardSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
kberly69
Frequent Contributor

Thank you both. Info is hard to come by on this one for sure. Yes, AverageJoe, it is a card I can use and would be advantageous for me (seriously, the coupons are great).

I have a solid base of Cap One QS, Discover, and Blispay and getting rid of the VS trimmed the fat. I ended up apping last night and got a whopping $500 SL. I was irritated at first and then thought, what difference does it make? Whatever I buy gets paid right away and I won't be spending more than $500 a pop. I still get the discounts so whatever Smiley Happy

Incidentally, I did look at the credit pulls database and found little there. One person was approved for $2K, another denied for too many lates. Unfortunately, Bon Ton can be hard to search for because  they have like 5 or 6 store names under one umbrella. 

And, off I go to cultivate my plastic crops! 

CH7 BK Discharged 10/16
Oct/Nov 2016: EQ 632 TU 532 EX 573
Feb 2017: EQ 695 TU 673 EX 670
March 2017 EQ 702 TU 676 EX 673
April 2017 EX 683 (TU & EQ unknown)
May 2017 EQ 695 TU 685 EX 693
Feb 2018 EQ 704 TU 687 EX 694

9/24/20: 4 years from discharge FICO 8: EQ 751 EX 765 TU 766 FICO 9 EQ 814 EX 804 TU 821
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice job. Yeah, great attitude. I find that with my limited experience with Comenity. So long as you use it and make good ontime payments, the cli will get there in timeSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.