Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Experience with NFCU 3-5 Day Message

tag
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Your Experience with NFCU 3-5 Day Message

What was your experience with the 3-5 Day message from NFCU, did you get denied or approved? In regard to both new CCs and CLIs?

I just got the 3-5 day message on a CLI request and I'm looking for ray of hope LOLSmiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
redrobin5

Re: Your Experience with NFCU 3-5 Day Message

We were approved every time normally is less time than 3/5 day

Message 2 of 10
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

How long have you had the card? What is your UTL on this card and overall?
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 3 of 10
baller4life
Super Contributor

Applied for cash rewards and got 3-5 day message. Approved in 4 to 5 hrs for $3k.
Message 4 of 10
Goal850
Regular Contributor

@JediNeo wrote:

I've had it since 12/2012. Current limit 9500 util on this card is 50% (will be paying off next month) and overall util 20%. I know there's probably a slim chance of getting the CLI, but I just said "what the heck" and went for it, since I have no inquiries on TU or EQ. 

Message 5 of 10
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@Goal850 wrote:

@JediNeo wrote:

I've had it since 12/2012. Current limit 9500 util on this card is 50% (will be paying off next month) and overall util 20%. I know there's probably a slim chance of getting the CLI, but I just said "what the heck" and went for it, since I have no inquiries on TU or EQ. 

you really should have waited until you paid the card down.  you may have just wasted a for nothing....

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Goal850 wrote:

@JediNeo wrote:

you might get some but knowing you are paying off that large of a balance just a month away... you should have waited!

good thing is with Navy, you can just repeat next month AFTER the payoff shows up, just apply for CLI again.

Message 7 of 10
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

If you hit the luv button, and don't get the instant approval, you'll take the HP regardless of approval or denial. And like CreditAddict always says, go for the gusto ($25K), and wait for their counter. My card was at $10K, w/ 60% UTIL. I went for $25K and they came back with $12.5K. I did this last month, having the card since April.

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 8 of 10
Goal850
Regular Contributor

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

If you hit the luv button, and don't get the instant approval, you'll take the HP regardless of approval or denial. And like CreditAddict always says, go for the gusto ($25K), and wait for their counter. My card was at $10K, w/ 60% UTIL. I went for $25K and they came back with $12.5K. I did this last month, having the card since April.

Yeah I went for 25k. Hopefully I'll get at least a little something.

Message 9 of 10
jonmartin
Regular Contributor

@Goal850 wrote:

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

Yeah I went for 25k. Hopefully I'll get at least a little something.

How did it end up?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.