Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Favorite AMEX Zync Rewards

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Your Favorite AMEX Zync Rewards

I'd love to hear everyone's favorite Zync rewards. I'm trying to familiarize myself with what you can get w/the card.

Some have said you get double points with the ECO pack @ Trader Joe's and Chipotle Grill. And I believe someone also said the ECO pack gave you 2x back at Costco, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Does anyone have the Restaurant pack? Is that good at all restaurants, even drive-thrus? Like would it give me 2x back at Taco Bell? Smiley Surprised I'm just trying to figure if it's worth the $25 for me to get that pack. Smiley Tongue

What are your favorite rewards?

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Your Favorite AMEX Zync Rewards

Hey Bich! I use the connect pack. Pay all my cell- directv- Internet for dbl MR points. Plus it's now just one payment to Amex every month instead of 4. Sweet deal.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 39
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:
Hey Bich! I use the connect pack. Pay all my cell- directv- Internet for dbl MR points. Plus it's now just one payment to Amex every month instead of 4. Sweet deal.

Yeah, I figured I'll save about $15 a year with it, with cell phone and internet. You also pay your satellite TV with it? I have Dish, so I wonder if that would apply, too?

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 39
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

The home pack is great !  It comes with a $20 lowes gift card, but only costs $15, so it more than pays for itself before you even buy anything.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 39
flowfaster
Established Contributor

pizzadude wrote:

The home pack is great !  It comes with a $20 lowes gift card, but only costs $15, so it more than pays for itself before you even buy anything.

Does the Lowes gift card expire?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 39
Skinnyminnie
Regular Contributor

Eco's been giving me double points at Walmart, it's rather nifty, but don't shop there as much as I should.

Message 6 of 39
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@flowfaster wrote:

Does the Lowes gift card expire?

I've already used it but I'm pretty sure that it was a standard Lowe's gift card, similar to one you would purchase at the store.  

Message 7 of 39
laboi_22
Established Contributor

I just realized by accident that Walmart is double points. I used my card at Walmart (something I never do) but tried it out and once I got my bill realized that I earned double points at Walmart under the eco pack. That is so wonderful because the eco pack does nothing for me since I don't live in bigger cities. We don't have Trader Joe's etc. Now I'm wondering about Target. That would be great!! Just wanted to throw that out there about Walmart in case anyone wasn't aware.

Current Scores: EX - 728 FICO (5/11/13) TU - 771 FICO (7/02/13) EQ ??

Current Cards: Chase Freedom $5,000, CSP $5,700, BofA Visa Signature $15,000, AMEX BCE $6,000, Walmart $4,150, Gap Visa $10,000, JC Penny $5,800, Lowes $8,500, Dillard's AMEX $8,000, AMEX Hilton HHonors - $2,000, Chase United $12,000, Citi AAdvantage & Simplicity $6,000/$6,000, SPG AMEX $1,000
Message 8 of 39
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Yeah !!  The 2X wally~world points are great !

Message 9 of 39
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Yeah, I think I'm going to add that one after I move. It will definitely come in handy for house stuff from Lowes. Smiley Happy

How long does it usually take to receive the gift cards? Is that the typical 6 to 8 weeks? Or sooner than that?

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.