cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Favorite & Least Favorite Credit Card Company!

tag
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

Re: Your Favorite & Least Favorite Credit Card Company!

Least favorite: Barclays - I went on an app spree in July of last year which is when I got most of my cards. Nearly all other lenders started me with a limit over 5k and they've grown since then automatically. Barclays started me with my lowest limit after reaching a 700 credit score and they've been super stingy about raising it. So much for my $17,000 Apple Watch, Barclays (kidding - I'm not spending that much on  Watch (more like $750) but it's the principal!

Most favorite: I guess Chase. They were the first Prime lender to extend me credit when really all I had at the time was Credit One, some store cards and a Cap One card. They also started me with a $6500 CL on my CSP and it's already grown to 9k automatically and my Freedom went from $4500 to $5500 automaically. I rarely use my Marriott card but I've been staying in a Marriott for the last three weeks for work and maxing out the card so I'm hoping for a CLI on that card in the next month or two as well!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 31 of 174
Aarvard
Established Contributor

Most favorite: Amex and Chase
Least favorite: Citi and Cap1 for their crappy CSRs

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 32 of 174
elim
Senior Contributor

Favorite is definately USAA Bank

A "one on one" experience with qualified, knowledgeable people, with every situation i have brought to them.

Barclay was great the other night while verifying Ring app.

I can't really judge a "least fav" at this time (you guys answer my questions so i don't deal with many others)

AMEX did call me 3 times to verify my first purchase on PRG (happened to be at OverStock) after i called them twice to make sure the $1800 charge would go through. I then got a call from OS 2 days later asking me to call the CCC because they won't approve the charge and i need to Verify.  Not thrilled with AMEX, Not so special. (paid off the $1800 the minute it posted so i wouldn't get another call). Smooth sailing and racking up MR's ever since though. I guess they were being smart and looking out for carders.

Message 33 of 174
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

Top 3 Favorites: AmEx, Bank of America/FIA, Chase

Top 3 Least Favorites: Fifth Third, Citi, Huntington

Message 34 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OHWWCB wrote:

Least favorite: Barclays - I went on an app spree in July of last year which is when I got most of my cards. Nearly all other lenders started me with a limit over 5k and they've grown since then automatically. Barclays started me with my lowest limit after reaching a 700 credit score and they've been super stingy about raising it. So much for my $17,000 Apple Watch, Barclays (kidding - I'm not spending that much on  Watch (more like $750) but it's the principal!

Most favorite: I guess Chase. They were the first Prime lender to extend me credit when really all I had at the time was Credit One, some store cards and a Cap One card. They also started me with a $6500 CL on my CSP and it's already grown to 9k automatically and my Freedom went from $4500 to $5500 automaically. I rarely use my Marriott card but I've been staying in a Marriott for the last three weeks for work and maxing out the card so I'm hoping for a CLI on that card in the next month or two as well!

Were you applying for the Sallie Mae? 

Message 35 of 174
afinch1992
Regular Contributor

Favorite: AMEX

Least Favorite (among prime): Discover

No real reason for amex other than mostly good experiences with reps and great limits. Discover mostly for the pitiful limit and unwillingness to apply the sign up bonus I meant to go for. Its pretty nitpicky, but of the experiences Ive had with CC companies they rank last for me

AMEX BCE 18000CL, Citi DC 15000CL, AMEX EDP 15000CL, CSP 5000CL, Fidelity AMEX 5000CL, Sallie Mae MC 7400CL, US Bank Cash+ 5000CL, Chase Freedom 4000CL, Capital One QS 6000CL, BoA Better Balance 2500CL, Discover It 2000CL, BoA Better Cash Rewards 500CL, Chase Amazon CC 700CL

TU: 756 EX: 755 EQ: 753
Message 36 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

Least favorites would be the same as Nixon.  But I'm closing them.  So my least favorite would be BOA.  I have most of my money there and they still treat me like crap!  Getting ready to move everything.  Most favorite would be Amex.

Message 37 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

Favorite, no doubt, is Bank of America. Least favorite is that turd burglar, Crap One.

Message 38 of 174
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Favorite, no doubt, is Bank of America. Least favorite is that turd burglar, Crap One.

I'm surprised with BOA getting favorites. I feel like they are stuck back in time.. lame rewards, offerings, and not so flexible with CLI. By the way I'm not trying to bash your choice, just my experience Smiley Happy Why do you like BOA?

Message 39 of 174
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

I love my DIscover IT card. The statements are easy to read online. You can clearly tell what the minimum payments are and if you have made it. Also, you get your TU FICO score. PLUS, if you have a question or an issue, you get to talk to a 100% AMERICAN based call center. I just reopened an AMEX card yesterday and have already had to be on the phone with them about a few issues. All of the calls answered by an annoying automated machine and then forwarded to the call center in India and every single one of the calls was recorded with that annoying beep. Have already had agent put me on hold to do research and then having a new agent take over the call and had to explain the entire situation again. Again, no one not even AMEX seems to beat Discover's service. However, I have been very pleased with the Chase call center in Springfield, MO. 

Message 40 of 174
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.