cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Highest CLI for Capital One Credit Steps Card?

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Your Highest CLI for Capital One Credit Steps Card?

For all those who participated in Cap 1's Credit Steps program, what's the highest cl you eventually topped out at? Whether you stayed with the original Platinum MasterCard or if you PC'd it to another card. I graduated from the CS program, PC'd mine to a Quicksilver and am currently sitting at a $2750 cl. How much more can I realistically expect it to grow? FYI, I have 2 other cards with Cap 1 with a combined limit of $25,000.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your Highest CLI for Capital One Credit Steps Card?

I think you are reaching max exposure. My Plat Mc is 2750 also.

My total exposure is 28.6k over 4 cards not including spark.

My income 73kish

However there was a recent thread where someone got 60k around the same income on 1 QS.

Asked EO for an increase cited total limits across all accounts cap. It's a crap shoot with cap1
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should also add I pc'ed my Plat mc to a QS.
Message 3 of 18
Repairman
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Should also add I pc'ed my Plat mc to a QS.

How long have you been sittinon that cl? And was it an auto increase or did you request? How long since you last requested and how frequently?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first credit card since I started rebuilding was the Capital One Journey card (for students). It was in the credit steps program; my starting limit was $1,000, and after my 6th statement they auto raised it to $5,000 -- so a $4,000 increase. I never requested a CLI on this card during that time (I still haven't). I used it heavy for those 6 months, I paid large portions of the balance every month, but still carried over balances each month. Not sure if that helped me get such a big increase, but I thought I'd share.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Cap1 Journey card started at $300, jumped to $3,300 after Credit Steps. I've recently PCed that to the Quicksilver though, now hoping to get another CLI soon.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long have you been sittinon that cl? And was it an auto increase or did you request? How long since you last requested and how frequently?

I have been stuck at that CL for about 7 Years on that Plat MC. I am hoping the QS will allivaiate that. 

My last increase was on my oldest cap 1 card 10 years and they finally brought it from 500 to 1500 a few weeks ago 

My plat MC keeps getting denied for reasons that make no sense. (Recent payment amount etc.) I max it out than PIF. It looks like they go from statement to statment. I will have to let it max and post than PIF and see if the request goes through. I ask about every 4 months. 

Message 7 of 18
thatguy1
Contributor

My original Cap1 was 1K, at 6 months they raised me to 3,500. The other day I hit the love button and got 7K bringing me up to 10,500.

Heavy usage, payoff every month, have had the card almost a year.

$15,400 - $1400 Just Unsecured- $10500 - $2300
123 Rewards AU $1500 - BofA AU $2300 - Discover It AU $7200 - Discover It AU $8000
~505 EQ in Jan of 13, now at EQ 690 / TU 674 / EX 681 according to myFICO.com.
Message 8 of 18
jim44
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been stuck at that CL for about 7 Years on that Plat MC. I am hoping the QS will allivaiate that. 

My last increase was on my oldest cap 1 card 10 years and they finally brought it from 500 to 1500 a few weeks ago 

My plat MC keeps getting denied for reasons that make no sense. (Recent payment amount etc.) I max it out than PIF. It looks like they go from statement to statment. I will have to let it max and post than PIF and see if the request goes through. I ask about every 4 months. 

Sounds to me like a robo denial.  My CS started at $500 in 2010 and has been at $3500.for almost two years.  Actually I don;t use that card that much.  I PC's another C1 card to QS and had a Sears MC with Orchard morph in to a Plat MC with C1.  Now that card was hard to get a CLI.  Denied several times,  Facebooked the EO who responded with a $500 CLI.  I guess I can understand now as the highest amount charged on that card since 2011 has been $700.

Message 9 of 18
degs138
Established Contributor

I started with Cap one in september 2013 with a 300 limit.  Auto increased after my 5th billing cycle to 1300.  I PC'd and CLI though EO to a 5k Quick sliver a month later.  I have also hit the luv button in the mean time and got a raise to 7k and added another card at 5K.  So in 20 moths I've increased my limit though Capital One from 300 to 12k.

FICO TU 757 Eq 741 116,900 Total revolving Credit.
Favorite cards: AMEX BCP, US Bank Cash+, Chase Sapphire Prefered
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.