cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Highest CLI for Capital One Credit Steps Card?

tag
Repairman
Established Contributor

Re: Your Highest CLI for Capital One Credit Steps Card?

@thatguy1 wrote:

My original Cap1 was 1K, at 6 months they raised me to 3,500. The other day I hit the love button and got 7K bringing me up to 10,500.

Heavy usage, payoff every month, have had the card almost a year.

That's pretty fantastic. At the end of next month it will be 6 months since my auto increase. I will hit the luv button then, and hopefully I can see results like you.

Message 11 of 18
fargobzn
Contributor

I orginally had the green cash rewards card with a $500 limit, with credit steps it went to $1500, a year later it doubled to $3k and now just under a year from my last CLI it is at $6k. 

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm just marking my spot. Hoping to join the ranks of those with CLI's soon. We just opened our QS accounts last month ($300 each) and our Platinum accounts this month ($500 each). We're using both as debit cards paying them off as soon as what we've charged shows as a balance.

Message 13 of 18
krisssmmm
Regular Contributor

These threads are so encouraging. I just hit six months on my first card opened in dec and went from $300-3300. This card I never asked for an increase bc I didn't know I could. My second card is due to get a cs increase after statement cuts Friday 6-19. So far I've pc'ed from a platinum to qs1 after first two months and got a $500 increase via the luv button just last week. I'm looking forward to seeing how high my limit can go by the end of the year. 

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Platinum (now a QS MC) went from $300 to $2300 with the Credit Step that I got at 5 months. 

Message 15 of 18
taxi818
Super Contributor

When in Credit steps. Went from $500 starting limit to $3500. then to $5500 where i am now. im pretty sure after the first it is cli every 6 months. so if they are giving 2k every 6 months. i will take it. i know they like lots of usage. which i will do towards the next 6 months.

Message 16 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Started out Oct 30. 2013 when scores were in the gutter at 300...  After Credit Steps hit 500.. Got into Contact with EO got it raised to 1500...  Got another CLI after 6 months for 500.. Called EO again and they raised it by another 2k now it sits at 4k.. Still below most of my other cards though.  It isn't a QS One anymore either.  No AF, etc..  Still thinking about closing it as I have another QS Visa already and plenty of other credit, so it can grow, just painful like pulling teeth with cap1.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another great thread (for results).

Ya know...capital one was really irking me when they approved me. I would have rather not seen the credit steps stuff....because promising a person with $1k CL a $500 increase after 5 payments... I guess it wasnt THAT big of an incentive to me as I was PIF'ing several times a month anyway.

My point is, I was not expecting them to give me a $2k CLI then a week later give me the promised $500. I probably would have used my QS even more had I known that credit steps is not some shame program, and that real limits can and DO happen...not to mention ability to PC.

Thank you so much myfico'ers!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.