cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Reason to keep the Zync card :)

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: Your Reason to keep the Zync card :)

You could probably impress a girl at a bar with the card, if they don't know what it is.  "Ooh, a white AMEX!  They must be a high roller!" Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I used my this past week at Hilton and got a double take by the front desk lady.  She had no idea that AMEX had a white card.  I told her it was a special card and very limited availability.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

You could probably impress a girl at a bar with the card, if they don't know what it is.  "Ooh, a white AMEX!  They must be a high roller!" Smiley Tongue

Impressed a guy at ATL last weekend, trying to push the delta amex.

He didn't believe that i had the gold delta, along w/ a mess of other Amex products in my wallet.  When I flipped them out, he was most impressed w/ my Zync and had no idea what is what.

Told him it was above the black card.  

He snickered and remarked to his buddy about that was also trying to get travelers to sign-up.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 14
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

to be honest, I keep the card cause I just like it, I dont mind spending $25 a year for it, I have NPSL on it and its a damn nice card. 

I have gotten the usual double takes from people who dont know what it is and they always think its a higher end card lol. 

I had one friend of mine who has a platinum but doesnt really know about amex cards much and when he seen my zync and my member date of "97"

he goes, wow and I thought I was good with the platinum! lol.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.