cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Total Available Credit VS. Income?

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Your Total Available Credit VS. Income?

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha, think I have everyone beat.  Total credit is 4% of my total yearly income.  Boom

LOL.

Signature needs updating
Message 61 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just edged me out, I'm at 5%. 

I should be at 40-60% by June or July though, which will make things much more comfortable for me.

Message 62 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
^ that's probably not manageable...

Harder than you think ;-)  ahaha.   I do usually run up to my limit on a monthly basis just to pay them off immediately.  Got stuck with a couple HIgh UT statements before I learned about the statement cut dates.  Now im waiting at about 5% UT for statements to cut than back to spending

Message 63 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JagerBombs89 wrote:

You know, if you take this topic plus about a half of dozen other topics that have been started on this forum... then you could answer almost every "security question" that pertains to one's credit file.  All someone would have to do is get your SSN and MyFICO posts & signatures reveal the rest.  Good ole social engineering at its finest and most users here volunteer the informaiton! Smiley Very Happy

No way you'd get answers to the questions Barclay asked me from here. And my income is not publically available info, so no lender would be able to confirm or deny anything by asking for it. As such, I have no problems sharing it. I make in the neighborhood of 30k a year and have just over 13k in total credit, so that puts me just below 50% credit to income ratio.

Message 64 of 86
elim
Senior Contributor

292%

edit: plus PRG POT

Message 65 of 86
jasonkm1
Regular Contributor

My credit line is double my yearly salary ($120k cl/ $60k salary), which is why i do not seek or attempt to get credit line increases. I'm worried a good card will be introduced but I won't be able to get it because of having too much available credit. I'm waiting to get the sapphire preferred (5/24 rule) and hoping i can stlll get it since I already have 5 cards with chase, which i need for hotels and airlines travel, but i realize my credit limits are too high for my income. Has anyone gotten turned down by Chase for this reason?

Message 66 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Broke_Triathlete wrote:
All my stuff is in my sig.

I never could wrap my head around why people put so much personal information in their signature... 

Message 67 of 86
taxi818
Super Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

Your Total Available Credit VS. Income?    Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very Happy

Percentage. Credit is 300% of my income.  Actually more.  Smiley Happy

income 62k 

credit 190k

Message 68 of 86
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@jasonkm1 wrote:

My credit line is double my yearly salary ($120k cl/ $60k salary), which is why i do not seek or attempt to get credit line increases. I'm worried a good card will be introduced but I won't be able to get it because of having too much available credit. I'm waiting to get the sapphire preferred (5/24 rule) and hoping i can stlll get it since I already have 5 cards with chase, which i need for hotels and airlines travel, but i realize my credit limits are too high for my income. Has anyone gotten turned down by Chase for this reason?

No.

My income is $61K, total limits $324,000 plus an Amex charge card.

My last Chase application was 1.5 months ago. Way back then, my credit limit total was only $287,000 and they gave me the Chase United Explorer card.

This after obtaining the Chase Disney and Chase AARP cards in early December.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 69 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

about 200%

util <1%

Message 70 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.