Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your advice on converting to a CSP

tag
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

Your advice on converting to a CSP

I've been approved for the CS just two weeks ago .. before reading the threads on this forum I called the CS and asked if it was possible to PC the regular Sapphire to the preferred version. They checked and told me I have to wait a year before a PC was to be allowed .. but they told me I can apply for the CSP if I want.

I applied and got the 7-10 days message. I believe it will be denied as I was also approved for the United Mileage Club after the CS.

Do you think it is wise to call the credit department and ask them to reallocate the credit line for the CS to the CPS before they report it the CR? I have a 5k on the CS .. 

Will the CS show on my report as closed or it won't appear at all? 

Current Cards:
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eagle2013
Established Contributor

Re: Your advice on converting to a CSP

@altayar wrote:

I've been approved for the CS just two weeks ago .. before reading the threads on this forum I called the CS and asked if it was possible to PC the regular Sapphire to the preferred version. They checked and told me I have to wait a year before a PC was to be allowed .. but they told me I can apply for the CSP if I want.

I applied and got the 7-10 days message. I believe it will be denied as I was also approved for the United Mileage Club after the CS.

Do you think it is wise to call the credit department and ask them to reallocate the credit line for the CS to the CPS before they report it the CR? I have a 5k on the CS .. 

I just think with 3 Chase apps so close together they need to verify some info. I'd call the backdoor number and see what they say. I think you'll likely get the card but not without speaking to them first. Good luck!!

Message 2 of 6
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

I'll give them a call today. Thanks!

Current Cards:
Message 3 of 6
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@altayar wrote:

The one thing about CSP is the big signup bonus , if you aren't getting that the value isn't as great imo. I would think about doing an new app down the road sometime for the CSP , and ask chase to move CL over from CS to CSP . 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 6
CreditPacMan
Established Contributor

So if the CS hasn't shown on my report yet - if I call and move the limit to the CSP (if approved) is the CS going to show on my report as closed? 

Current Cards:
Message 5 of 6
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@altayar wrote:

So if the CS hasn't shown on my report yet - if I call and move the limit to the CSP (if approved) is the CS going to show on my report as closed? 

Yes, if you close the CS, it will report as being "closed at consumers request."

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.