Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your best (and worst) looking cards?

tag
recordaras
Valued Member

Your best (and worst) looking cards?

So, this isn't really a serious question, and I'm sure there have been plenty of similar threads in the past, but yet... Which cards are your personal favorites design-wise? And which ones are the ugly ducklings?

I have to admit that I don't have a single credit card that I would be able to call beautiful. My least favorite would have to be the Amex BCE - I was so excited to get that card, and yet so disappointed with its design! First of all, it's clear - the pictures give the impression of it being white, but it's not. I've swiped it about 4 times, and it's already thoroughly scratched. The big blue hologram thing also scratches like crazy, doesn't really have any interesting image in there (just a large blue shiny square with a tiny c in the middle) and to top it off, one of the edges of mine is crooked (yes, before you ask, I am OCD when it comes to symmetry) AND all of the numbers that are embossed on the clear parts are really difficult to read.

Oh, Amex, I still love you, but why did you think all this would be a good idea?..

And my current favorite is probably the Chase Freedom. Which is ironic, because in pictures it looked thoroughly boring, and I wasn't expecting much after the Chase Amazon card. However, the Freedom came as a nice surprise. I can't say it's a masterpiece, but I thought the blue-green color (which looks solid blue in pictures) and the green edge were very nice touches.

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 1 of 144
143 REPLIES 143
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Your most (and least) good looking cards?

I liked the old Freedom design.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 144
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

Is this the way the Freedom looks now?  Mine is totally different.  Oh wait...mine isn't a signature, so maybe that's the difference.

My least favorite design card is the Amex BCE/BCP.  Like OP, I was disappointed when I got the card in the mail.  I expected it to be heavier and white...not clear.  But, it swipes, so I won't complain too much.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 144
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

@injustifiiable wrote:

Is this the way the Freedom looks now?  Mine is totally different.  Oh wait...mine isn't a signature, so maybe that's the difference.

My least favorite design card is the Amex BCE/BCP.  Like OP, I was disappointed when I got the card in the mail.  I expected it to be heavier and white...not clear.  But, it swipes, so I won't complain too much.

No, this is the old one. The new one looks like this:

Signature or World would go below the Visa/MasterCard logo. I like that better than that awkward looking strip in the middle.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 144
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@recordaras wrote:

And my current favorite is probably the Chase Freedom. Which is ironic, because in pictures it looked thoroughly boring, and I wasn't expecting much after the Chase Amazon card. However, the Freedom came as a nice surprise. I can't say it's a masterpiece, but I thought the blue-green color (which looks solid blue in pictures) and the green edge were very nice touches.

Funny you should mention the green edge on the Freedom as I get more comoments on that feature than I do my CSP card.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 5 of 144
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

My favorite card design is either my Discover card, I have the mixtape design or my Amex BCE, lol.

My least favorite design is my Chase Sapphire, the pics of it made it look so pretty, but when I got it was just blah. And my Barclay Apple card isn't that grand. It just a simple white card, not spectacular.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 6 of 144
TheSpeculator
Regular Contributor

Love my Chase Sapphire. Very clean look. Amex PRG is decent. And lastly Cap1 lets me customize my image which is really cool.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Message 7 of 144
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I personalized my Capital One card. I'm into trains so I did it with a photo of one of my favorite locomotives.

The ugliest one would be my Credit One...lol. I can customize that one too but they have the nerve to want $10 to do so. SMH.

I have a few store cards, and they are all ugly as well for the record.

Message 8 of 144
recordaras
Valued Member

@injustifiiable wrote:

Oh interesting, I hadn't seen that one!

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 9 of 144
recordaras
Valued Member

@Peteyglad wrote:

Funny you should mention the green edge on the Freedom as I get more comoments on that feature than I do my CSP card.

That one totally came as a surprise - I thought it would be as flat and boring-blue as it looks in the product images, but the green edge is neat! Not over the top, but still fun.

Message 10 of 144
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.