cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your best (and worst) looking cards?

tag
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Re: Your most (and least) good looking cards?

@recordaras wrote:

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

Capital One's Cash Rewards was a true visual assault.  You can bet I took full advantage of their customized image feature.  Now I am content and will be updating the image again soon to rotate between the two.

Haha, "visual assault" is a great way of putting it:

Sadly,  the picture still looks better than the card in person.  When I opened it my reaction was "yuck". It's a dirty swamp green! Swamp thing would be a more appropriate description.

Message 61 of 144
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@recordaras wrote:

Capital One's Cash Rewards was a true visual assault.  You can bet I took full advantage of their customized image feature.  Now I am content and will be updating the image again soon to rotate between the two.

Haha, "visual assault" is a great way of putting it:

For some reason, I think "Godzilla" when seeing this card.  Ah, am I the only one?  Smiley Very Happy

Good one! Except Godzilla is awesome, I cannot say the same about that color. ::shivers::

Message 62 of 144
recordaras
Valued Member

And from the previous page I bring to you NFCU Cash Rewards.

(By the way, is it just me, or are there a lot of ugly green cards out there?)

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 63 of 144
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

Yikes!! This thread is turning into an aerial attack of the monstrous greens!

Message 64 of 144
recordaras
Valued Member

Sadly,  the picture still looks better than the card in person.  When I opened it my reaction was "yuck". It's a dirty swamp green! Swamp thing would be a more appropriate description.

I hate to say this, but it's actually making me feel not as bad about my BCE!

(Also completely off topic, but when we moved into our current place the previous owners had their kitchen (!!!) painted a similar swamp green color. There is no way anything even remotely decent tasting could have ever come out of that kitchen...)

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 65 of 144
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@hutchj wrote:

One of the coolest looking cards to me out there is the Citi Diamond Pref card.  Really nice.  Shame it doesn't offer rewards. 

I totes forgot about this card. I guess because I haven't had it that long. But it is a nice looking card. The little diamonds do give it a little extra something.

Yes... the texture makes it different then most and it turned out to be shinier then I expected.  I don't like that the numbers tend to lose their gold flake after a few uses.  I also like that it doesn't show scratches like my other cards.

Also... I was disappointed that the CSP didn't have the beveled edge also.  Still, I like how heavy it feels.

Well, my Chase Sapphire isn't that heavy at all. So maybe the CSP is a sturdier card than the CS. And I agree, the Diamond Pref. is probably my most resistant to wear & tear card.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 66 of 144
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@hutchj
Hey- the reason the CSP is so heavy- it's metal. Really a cool card actually. Smiley Happy
When it is due to expire- you are sent a special envelope with a return address to have it shredded properly.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 67 of 144
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@hutchj
Hey- the reason the CSP is so heavy- it's metal. Really a cool card actually. Smiley Happy
When it is due to expire- you are sent a special envelope with a return address to have it shredded properly.

Oh. No wonder you guys love the look of that card. The Sapphire looks pretty cheap to me. But it's no matter to me, because I'm hoping to do a PC in a few months to a Freedom.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 68 of 144
recordaras
Valued Member

@hutchj wrote:

Oh. No wonder you guys love the look of that card. The Sapphire looks pretty cheap to me. But it's no matter to me, because I'm hoping to do a PC in a few months to a Freedom.

I wonder how you will like the Freedom. Judging by product images, the Sapphire (to me) looked so much nicer than the Freedom, but then it turned out that the Freedom was actually a pretty decent looking card. Too bad about the plastic Sapphire.

Message 69 of 144
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?

My boss has a CSP and a coworker of mine has a regular CS.

The CS is plastic and looks cheap as all hell. My coworker's card is starting to look bad already and he's only had it a year or so.

On the other hand, my boss' CSP is holding up better with a few hairline scratches here and there.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 70 of 144
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.