cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your best (and worst) looking cards?

tag
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?

I can't really say that any of my cards really wow me over.  I like (but not love) my Paypal Extras MC and my Barclays USAir card though and the newest black Victorias Secret card is ok.  Was disappointed with the Discover It - just seemed cheap to me.  I have a Cap One Spark business card that came out with a new design that I don't like - seems cheap and flimsy to me.  However, 2 of my employees who I got cards for said they thought it was a cool card.  My paper amazon.com card doesn't do much for me but its understandable since you can't swipe it anywhere.

No new cards for me until my new build is done and I close, hopefully in December.  Right after that, I'll plan a spree and hopefully pick up some pretty cards.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 91 of 144
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@imovinup wrote:

My best looking card is my Chase Amazon Visa in black and my worst card is the Orchard Bank card with the American flag (so embarrassing to pull out) but I just canceled it.

That american flag comment reminded me, my mom has a discover card, and it used to have an american flag design on it, but one day at the grocery store, she noticed someone else had one of a similar design, but it turns out that the state was issuing EBT cards with the same flag design, she said she quickly called and had them change the design to the classic More card. So that would be her ugliest card.

As for me, I like my Dillard's Amex, since is translucent on one side, and my Venture One isn't too bad either, being very very shiny gold. As far as ugliest, I would say Chevron, just because it is so plain looking.  I think the reason I don't like it is that white box around the Visa logo, i've noticed alot of cards have that, it just looks cheap to me.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 92 of 144
mokong
Regular Contributor

for me my best looking card is my JP Morgan Select.

Message 93 of 144
TenaTrott
New Visitor

My best and worst card is Aspire Visa card , if rates go up, the 19.5% will rise in tandem. Aspire Visa offers a tiny $300 limit, which may be good for starters, but after you get whacked with the $150 annual fee, the $29 application fee and the $6.50 monthly fee, you have less than $115 available when your card arrives in the mail. 

Message 94 of 144
recordaras
Valued Member

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

My sister saw this card in person and made it her next card to apply for just because of the look

That one's pretty nice, and if I'm not mistaken the reflective design isn't just plain silver, it's more rainbow-colored?

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 95 of 144
recordaras
Valued Member

@imovinup wrote:

My best looking card is my Chase Amazon Visa in black and my worst card is the Orchard Bank card with the American flag (so embarrassing to pull out) but I just canceled it.

Interesting you say that, I have an old Amazon Visa, and it's a very, very boring and plain looking card. I wonder if they changed the design recently?

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 96 of 144
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

My worst looking card is my Marathon Visa card.

My best looking card is the one with the picture of my fiancee from Capone.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 97 of 144
lithium78
Established Contributor

My best looking card is my Discover It.  Sometimes, people who aren't familiar with it think it's a high-roller card and I get some comments (LOL!)  My worst looking card is my Bank Americard 123 Cash Rewards Visa.  It's actually one of my best cards, but the design looks like a debit card, so sometimes people mistakenly think I'm paying by debit instead of credit.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 98 of 144
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Your most (and least) good looking cards?

My goal is to get the Morgan Stanley Amex card which looks really cool....

Message 99 of 144
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Re: Your most (and least) good looking cards?

my dcu bankcard is pretty ugly:

Message 100 of 144
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.