cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your best (and worst) looking cards?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?

@recordaras yeah. The sapphire looked great online and the freedom didnt stand out at all. It's actually why I chose the sapphire over the freedom (sad I know, lol)

@injustifiiable yeah. The regular sapphire is kind of disgraceful.
AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 71 of 144
Frequent Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?

I like the look of my Delta Community CU Visa, though I secretly wish the CU logo was still a widget rather than a blue and green "widget like" sail. It is an airline CU after all, founded by airline people. At least my checks (yes I write one from time to time) have a picture of a Boeing 777.

Message 72 of 144
Valued Member

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?


hutchj wrote:
@recordaras yeah. The sapphire looked great online and the freedom didnt stand out at all. It's actually why I chose the sapphire over the freedom (sad I know, lol)

Ha, I actually would probably have done the exact same thing, only I had no idea what the Sapphire looked like before I got approved for the Freedom. When I first saw it I actually felt a momentary twinge of remorse that I chose the wrong Chase card to apply for! Well, at least now I can dream of one day getting a CSP. Smiley Happy

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 73 of 144
Valued Member

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?


USF813 wrote:

I like the look of my Delta Community CU Visa, though I secretly wish the CU logo was still a widget rather than a blue and green "widget like" sail. It is an airline CU after all, founded by airline people. At least my checks (yes I write one from time to time) have a picture of a Boeing 777.


Oh, I like the colors! And I think it's really neat when credit unions stick to a certain theme. None of mine do, unfortunately!

BoA Secured $500 (closed) | OneStopPlus $900 | Chase Amazon $4600 (AU) | Amex BCE $6000 |
Chase Freedom $3000 | BoA TravelRewards Signature Visa $5000 | CSP $17 000 | BCP $27 000
Building credit since 04/2011 | CreditKarma 763 | CreditSesame 795 | Gardening since 01/31/2014
Message 74 of 144
Frequent Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?

Recordaras - It's not a terrible design. The one you posted is the regular and Gold card. I have the platinum rewards which is sparkly gray with the same "widget sail" deisgn. Before the name change, the logo was the actual Delta widget. Many of us who had been with them before the change felt they should have at least kept the traditional Delta widget. The name change was made to attract members who had no traditional ties to the airline, since different employers and residents of metro-Atlanta counties can join. Still, brand identity is important and some of us don't like the current branding.

 

It isn't an ugly card, but it's not what it could be.

 

Off topic, but the new branch is midtown is directly across from these beautiful red brick apartments, and sticking up on the front side of the branch is the most hideous metal DELTA COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION sign. It's an eyesore, especially at night when it's lit up. Can you imagine sitting on your balcony overlooking it?

Message 75 of 144
Frequent Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?


recordaras wrote:

hutchj wrote:
@recordaras yeah. The sapphire looked great online and the freedom didnt stand out at all. It's actually why I chose the sapphire over the freedom (sad I know, lol)

Ha, I actually would probably have done the exact same thing, only I had no idea what the Sapphire looked like before I got approved for the Freedom. When I first saw it I actually felt a momentary twinge of remorse that I chose the wrong Chase card to apply for! Well, at least now I can dream of one day getting a CSP. Smiley Happy


I can dream about the CSP. But I've found that points cards are pretty pointless for me (no pun intended). I do much better with cashback cards.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 76 of 144
Community Leader
Valued Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?

@hutchj
Have you thought to get the Freedom card to combine points for either/or? UR points are transferable to either- cash back or travel rewards. The combo is pretty lucrative if they are your primary spend card.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 77 of 144
Established Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?

People think that the Fidelity American Express is ugly but I really like it!

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 78 of 144
Frequent Contributor

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?


improvingmycredit wrote:
@hutchj
Have you thought to get the Freedom card to combine points for either/or? UR points are transferable to either- cash back or travel rewards. The combo is pretty lucrative if they are your primary spend card.

Never thought about that. I'm in the garden until 2014. So no new apps until then.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 79 of 144
Established Member

Re: Your best (and worst) looking cards?

My debit card is about as ugly a card as anybody could ask for. It's the color of a pale green mold, with darker green stripes running horizontally. UGLY.

 

I like the design of my citi diamond preferred, and I customized my WF with a really pretty bird picture my mom captured. I have to say, I saw the citi prestige in dod's sig, and now I want it simply because of the design.

 


Gardening until at least 12.16.13
Message 80 of 144