cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your experiences with Chase's Hyatt CC...

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Re: Your experiences with Chase's Hyatt CC...

I use my Hyatt card regularly for work travel.  There are two conferences I go to every year that are at a Grand Hyatt and I appreciate the small perks more than anything.  The stuff like early and late check in and out and room upgrades.  The Hyatt properties are nice and they always treat me very well.  Also the anual free night is a very nice perk.

Message 11 of 28
PNW_Hunter
Regular Contributor

No experience with this card yet, but it is on my list of cards I'm thinking about getting next year. It looks like a solid card as far as hotel cobranded cards go. The 1 free night at category 1-4 is a nice perk, and the local Hyatt downtown normally runs $175 a night, so that gains $100 a year vs the annual fee.
Message 12 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

Open, 

I read an interesting article today  (TPG)

Hyatt is offering Diamond status matches via Twitter 

The person screenshot their SPG account and sent it via Twitter and within 24 hours Hyatt got back to them and matched the offer

Hyatt is stepping up the game

This adds tremendous value to the card and the Hyatt brand as well IMHO

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 28
Kenro
Regular Contributor

Out of hotel cards, Hyatt points are pretty good, especially compared to Marriot/Ritz. I have mine open for free night + platinum status, same goes for IHG. 

Message 14 of 28
Open123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Open, 

The person screenshot their SPG account and sent it via Twitter and within 24 hours Hyatt got back to them and matched the offer

Right, excellent offer!  The moment I saw it, I made the request via email.  

I'm considering shifting some of my business travel to Hyatt.  The Hyatt sounds very appealing, and I'll likely app for it for the 2 nights and annual free nights.  Unfortunately, I'm not very well versed on Hyatt's program and its nuances.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a freshly minted Diamond level member due to that status match mentioned above. I already have the Hyatt card but am new to it and still need to figure out where to use my two free nights. Now with Diamond level perks, should be enjoyable! Smiley Happy

Matched my Spire Elite status I gained through my IHG card. Somehow my bonus points for card sign up counted towards elite status when they no longer are supposed to. Ended up with over 130,000 points from that sign up, one stay, and spire bonus. 

I have had had a great year with hotel cards so far, actually I've only had them a few months so I'm doing extremely well lol.

Message 16 of 28
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a freshly minted Diamond level member due to that status match mentioned above. I already have the Hyatt card but am new to it and still need to figure out where to use my two free nights. Now with Diamond level perks, should be enjoyable! Smiley Happy

Right, pretty generous!  

If SPG devalues as I expect post integration, I'll likely shift the majority of my stays over to the Hyatt.

Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised that Hyatt is matching Spire Elite with Diamond. As far as I understand, Spire Elite is much easier to get than Hyatt Diamond. I guess they want to win customers over?

Message 18 of 28
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Open, 

I'm considering shifting some of my business travel to Hyatt.  The Hyatt sounds very appealing, and I'll likely app for it for the 2 nights and annual free nights.  Unfortunately, I'm not very well versed on Hyatt's program and its nuances.

It just keeps getting better 

If you did manage to get upgraded to Diamond, however, I have some VERY good news. Rather than just receiving four Suite Upgrade Awards valid through February 28, 2017 (when the matched status expires), you’ll receive four additional upgrades that you can redeem through February 29, 2016. So you’ll get four upgrades within 24 hours of the status match, plus another set of four in February of next year.

For those with Amex Plat card, IHG and Hilton you may be interested in this offer as well

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 19 of 28
Open123
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Open, 

It just keeps getting better 

If you did manage to get upgraded to Diamond, however, I have some VERY good news. Rather than just receiving four Suite Upgrade Awards valid through February 28, 2017 (when the matched status expires), you’ll receive four additional upgrades that you can redeem through February 29, 2016. So you’ll get four upgrades within 24 hours of the status match, plus another set of four in February of next year.

For those with Amex Plat card, IHG and Hilton you may be interested in this offer as well

This is welcomed news!  I'm going use them up during my first trip after in the New Year.

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.