cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your lowest FICO when you started rebuilding?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your lowest FICO when you started rebuilding?

Well, I came here in May '08, trying to figure out if it was worth the effort to apply for a mortgage. Well, needless to say, it WASN'T. While my siggies says DH's (the primary bread-winner) scores were "low 500s," I'm being more than generous. I'm pretty sure they were mid-to-high 400s when I came here.

With the help of the kind, patient souls here, we've gotten DH to the high 600s. FICO Sim says that once we've paid down our CC balances (sitting at 36% util), we should be looking at much higher 600s -- or possibly low 700s!!

We raised his scores nearly 200 points in the past few months just by going to the Rebuilding Forum and asking lots and lots and lots of stupid questions (that I'm sure the regs have only heard a gazillion and one times). I received wonderful, considerate, helpful answers -- when to DV, when to FOAD and when to GW. Everyone here is so supportive, knowlegeable and kind. Most days, it's better than "RL!" Smiley Wink

I am one of the biggest FICO addicts, ever. But even more so, I'm one of the biggest FICO Family FANS, EVER!! Smiley Happy

You people are AWESOME!! Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 51
orky626
New Contributor

My lowest score when I started rebuilding in July was 446 EQ and look at me now....

Equifax: 656
Experian:645
Transunion:659
Message 32 of 51
first48
Frequent Contributor

My lowest score that I know of was EQ 498 back in 2/08 when I was apartment hunting.  That was not pretty as I was turned down and had to get a co-signer.  I felt really bad when my co-signer was my 24 year old niece whose score at the time was a 730 EQ.  Well needless to say I didn't want that to happen again so I seriously started rebuilding about 4/08 and scores are in my siggy.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 33 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chopbrocoli wrote:
551 on EQ

How long did it take you to reach the scores you have now? Tell me some of the things you did to do it. Impressive!
Message 34 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@preci0uz wrote:

I started rebuilding in Feb 2008 with in FICO scores in the mid 400's. As of today, my all my 3 FICO scores are in the 730's!

Phew! It was a lot of work.

WOW! Share some of the things you did if you don't mind. I am encouraged!
Message 35 of 51
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@preci0uz wrote:

I started rebuilding in Feb 2008 with in FICO scores in the mid 400's. As of today, my all my 3 FICO scores are in the 730's!

Phew! It was a lot of work.

WOW! Share some of the things you did if you don't mind. I am encouraged!

I wanted things to happen overnight but not on this case, so I had to learn to be patient. Sucks really. Haha

Fortunately, all the collections and charge off’s that I had were unpaid, so pretty much I PFD. I sent letters, emails to CEO’s, demanding CRA to verify and provide documents when they verified an account that was incorrect. Even if they said “NO”, I kept sending letters or sending them to different people, you know just trying my luck. Pretty much I made it very clear that if they didn’t do it my way, they wouldn’t see a penny. I also work for a law firm, so I think sending the PFD letters in my company’s letterhead might have scared the CA’s a bit.  

At one point Macy’s told me they wouldn’t re-instate and Bally’s in 2 occasions told me they wouldn’t delete all the late payments I had, but they did. Also, acting nice to a customer representative can get a lot of things achieved, that’s how I got my Macy’s re-instated. 

Also if a CA was harassing my by phone, I took pictures of how many times they called etc and even recorded a conversation where a CA refused to stop calling me after I had asked by writing and phone.  

I think with this bad economy, it’s the perfect time to negotiate with CA’s and insist for PFD or good will letters.  Just don’t give up!!! 

Message Edited by preci0uz on 01-28-2009 11:15 AM
Message 36 of 51
NewDetermination09

Can you tell me what steps you took to do this!!!  What an awesome accomplishment!!
Message 37 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last September 08 my scores were as follows:

TU: 503

EX: 549

EQ:496

Today my scores are:

TU: 621

EX: 662

EQ:628

My scores soared when I started doing a few PFD. Finally I got them high enough to do a cash out refinance and paid the rest of my debt off. After that I opened 2 credit card and spent $15.00 on $500 dollar limits and my scores jumped 40-50 pts on that alone, so now I keep the balances $0 when they reprt to the credit bureau.

I just applied for a USDA loan 100% financing.

Message 38 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mid 500's in January, 2008.  Thanks for all the help, peeps! 
Message 39 of 51
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

My scores were around 450 Jan 08 if I remember right. I got my scores to come up to a 628 in Aug. 08 when I bought my house. Now my EQ score is 549, due to me forgetting to pay GMAC ontime in Dec 08 and high utilization of CC debt (which is now paid off). Hopefully I will see a jump next week.

Message 40 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.