Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your monthly Discover spend and CLI amounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your monthly Discover spend and CLI amounts

GM. Most on this thread dont have their TU scores listed. Id be interested in seeing what they were (ball park of course) at the various CLI intervals. Thanks. 

Message 21 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I put aout $12K a month on the miles card for the first year, and during that time got a $7K increase in two steps.   So large amounts of spend didn't get "rewarded" more than some people's much lower spend.

Message 22 of 26
CF_Frost
New Contributor

I've put a total of $11,800 on my Discover in the past 48 months and they were giving me CLIs for $5Kish each time I pused the button.  Now at $39.5K.  Was at $40-$45K income and mid to high 700s.  Member since 2013.

Message 23 of 26
CF_Frost
New Contributor

I guess that would be a timeframe between 36 and 48 months due to my member since date.  Just using their spend analyzer tool.

Message 24 of 26
joltdude
Senior Contributor

For me.  I had a hgih utilization on this card ( 40%) partially due to the zero offer plus other things... I was kinda like.. Grrr this doesnt look good... made a decent payment (nope not in full).. and this is when the auto CLI started... I was like phew...  because i wanted to spend more on this card due to the cashback.. Also my other cards didnt have much of a balance on them.. discover was the card in use.... (daily driver)...

I think.. that when they realize they are your primary card.. that starts the ball in motion.. but it also can explain why people who dont charge much or none at all still get some sizable CLIs.... (the ball is already moving) Also do think theres a bit of trying to "one up" with CLs via CLIs but its not always immediate.... 

Fresh card... had a lowish (least in my thought) CL..... they want to sort of feel you out as a customer.... and then 3+ statements in your somewhat established....

Yes? / No? 

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could be the case, generally speaking, but like you said there are people that don't use Discover as their daily driver and have gotten large CLIs either monthly or bi-monthly.  By their own admission some have gone a whole cycle or two without a single swipe or 1-2 small purchases.  I guess depending on the data they could be considered outliers though.  Conversely you have someone like LTL above who put a massive spend through the card and received relatively small increases [to that spend] compared to others.  I certainly think that giving Discover, or most creditors for that matter the impression that you're using their card as your daily driver in general will help your CLI results.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.