cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your monthly credit card spend / income = X%?

tag
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: Your monthly credit card spend / income = X%?

@longtimelurker wrote:

Depends on what games you play.  2 years ago I was about 500% of net income

I think I know what you mean. There are months where I spend 200% of my income because I have large savings.

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a couple of answers to this based on personal and business.

Personal Income Last Year (Net) - $92,500 (rounded to the nearest hundred)

Personal Spend on CC - $30,175 (32.6%) but this includes all reacurring bills as well except mortgage and car payment

Business Income - $2,500,000 (rounded to the nearest $100k)

Business Spend on CC - $330,000 (13.2%)

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I think I know what you mean. There are months where I spend 200% of my income because I have large savings.

I was a bit curious about what that post was getting at myself.  I'm all about hearing about credit "games" Smiley Happy

Looks like most people so far fall into the 15-30% range, +/- a little bit.  Seems that those that are putting their monthly bills through credit cards rather than just using them for general spending are hitting the higher percentage of the range.  All good info.

Message 13 of 41
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I was a bit curious about what that post was getting at myself.  I'm all about hearing about credit "games" Smiley Happy

Looks like most people so far fall into the 15-30% range, +/- a little bit.  Seems that those that are putting their monthly bills through credit cards rather than just using them for general spending are hitting the higher percentage of the range.  All good info.

The "game" was MS, and we can't give details on this forum.   But you can reach multiples somewhat more legitimately, if you have people reimburse for expenses, e.g. employer paying travel expenses or those people here who buy stuff on behlaf of friends and relatives and get paid back  

Message 14 of 41
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Credit_hawk wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

The "game" was MS, and we can't give details on this forum.   But you can reach multiples somewhat more legitimately, if you have people reimburse for expenses, e.g. employer paying travel expenses or those people here who buy stuff on behlaf of friends and relatives and get paid back  

That's what Flyertalk is for lol

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 15 of 41
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

I think this ratio may vary quite a bit considering married vs single. We're on about 20%, everything other than rent. If I was not married, this should be higher Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm surprised no one is reporting higher percentages. Then again maybe those with higher % just aren't posting!
Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Gotcha.  Employer expenses through personal credit cards can certainly help spends.  We have a petty cash fund at my job that I used to take cash from when I needed to buy something work releated.  I now just use one of my CC's, take the cash, and immediately deposit it into my bank account.  Sure it adds a step or two, but it helps my monthly spend and as a result rewards.  Some months this may only be a couple hundred bucks, but at times can be around $1000 per month.

Message 18 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ That's a lot of petty cash! Absolutely at $1000 that helps with your rewards!
Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It also helps with online orders, which as we all know are huge these days.  You can't use "petty cash" to order online, and there are PLENTY of products and vendors that we use online for my job that I can't grab a handful of cash and go see.  Using my CC's I just order from them, print the invoice and pay myself back with petty cash.  My owner doesn't seem to mind, at least not yet, so I see no need to change my actions at this point Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.