Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your opinion on my credit card lineup!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your opinion on my credit card lineup!

I would love your opinions on my current credit card lineup. 

1) Chase Sapphire Preferred (18k) - This is my main spending card. I eat out at least once a week, so I put those purchases on here. Most of my recurring payments are on here too. i.e. Insurance, netflix subsciptions, etc. Everyday purchases.

2) Amex Blue Cash Preferred (8k) - This is my gas/groceries card. I spend about $150 a week on groceries.

3) Amex Platinum - I put large purchases on here. Purchase protection. Airport lounge access, airline gift cards ($200 reimbursement)

4) Amex SPG Card (12k)

5) Amex PRG Card

6) Chase Freedom (6k) - Revolving Points 

I was thinking of dropping the Amex PRG card since I am under the impression that the blue cash is better for groceries and the CSP is better for dining out. I also don't seem to use my SPG card too often. I am going away next week and staying at a SPG hotel, so I am going to use that for the 5x points (I am a gold member). 

What is your opinion on this lineup? Anything better you would recommend? Am I using the cards appropriately? Any feedback would be great!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your opinion on my credit card lineup!

Looks good. Not sure why you have a PRG and a PLAT at the same time but...ok...

Give me your opinion on my lineup: I only have one...

First Premier Bank Secured: $125.00 SL. 

29.99% APR

$45 monthly fee

$755 annual fee.

EDIT: Thinking of asking for a CLI....Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would love your opinions on my current credit card lineup. 

1) Chase Sapphire Preferred (18k) - This is my main spending card. I eat out at least once a week, so I put those purchases on here. Most of my recurring payments are on here too. i.e. Insurance, netflix subsciptions, etc. Everyday purchases.

2) Amex Blue Cash Preferred (8k) - This is my gas/groceries card. I spend about $150 a week on groceries.

3) Amex Platinum - I put large purchases on here. Purchase protection. Airport lounge access, airline gift cards ($200 reimbursement)

4) Amex SPG Card (12k)

5) Amex PRG Card

6) Chase Freedom (6k) - Revolving Points 

I was thinking of dropping the Amex PRG card since I am under the impression that the blue cash is better for groceries and the CSP is better for dining out. I also don't seem to use my SPG card too often. I am going away next week and staying at a SPG hotel, so I am going to use that for the 5x points (I am a gold member). 

What is your opinion on this lineup? Anything better you would recommend? Am I using the cards appropriately? Any feedback would be great!

As long as you are spending several several  grand a month on credit cards I could rationalize all of those (like 5k at least). And unless you are transferring points from UR, SPG, and MR, you would probably be better with different cash back cards.  I see 5 out of 6 have annual fees, thats all.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've got great cards.  I'd say drop the PRG.  The PRG has better earning potential than the Plat, but the Plat has better perks if you're using them.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.