Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your recommended NFCU card

tag
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

Your recommended NFCU card

Hey everyone! Yes, I have yet another thread idea. Smiley Tongue

So, today or tomorrow (hopefully) I plan to open a NFCU account and apply for a credit card then go into the garden for awhile. However, I'd like input.

Based on the NFCU cards: ( https://www.navyfederal.org/products-services/cards/creditcards/creditcards.php ) which would you recommend, and why? I prefer no annual fee.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your recommended NFCU card

if you don't want a annual fee I would say then you want to apply for the CashRewards. No annual fee and you get 1.5% CB on everything and can redeem it for giftcards or statement credit no minimum to redeem and I believe CB never expires. (If I remember correctly) . the other card is the Flagship that gives you 2 points per dollar spent but it has a annual fee of $49 (I think that's the amount). The most one can get on the cash rewards is 50K and most on the flagship is 80K but the flagship had the annual fee plus the flagship. I feel like the best NFCU card with no AF would be the cash Rewards. The rest only give you 1 point per dollar or 1% besides the flagship but that has a AF
Message 2 of 7
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
if you don't want a annual fee I would say then you want to apply for the CashRewards. No annual fee and you get 1.5% CB on everything and can redeem it for giftcards or statement credit no minimum to redeem and I believe CB never expires. (If I remember correctly) . the other card is the Flagship that gives you 2 points per dollar spent but it has a annual fee of $49 (I think that's the amount). The most one can get on the cash rewards is 50K and most on the flagship is 80K but the flagship had the annual fee plus the flagship. I feel like the best NFCU card with no AF would be the cash Rewards. The rest only give you 1 point per dollar or 1% besides the flagship but that has a AF

I shall keep this in mind. Thank you for your input. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 7
GetTheFico
Regular Contributor

I second the cashRewards for all the reasons listed above.

EQ: 780
EX: 767
TU: 779
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if my previous post was all messed up. I'm on my cell but I read many times on here that the Flagship is good if you travel a lot because you can redeem your points for travel and if you think you will get more points every year then what you pay for the Annual fee. If not then the CashRewards is the way to go as far as a reward credit card. They also have the platinum but there are no rewards, no AF and it offers the lowest APR
Message 5 of 7
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Honestly they are all great products, NFCU offers an excellent portfolio of products it really comes down to either you want cash back or points. What does you lifestyle/spending habits encompass?

Message 6 of 7
JamesB95
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry if my previous post was all messed up. I'm on my cell but I read many times on here that the Flagship is good if you travel a lot because you can redeem your points for travel and if you think you will get more points every year then what you pay for the Annual fee. If not then theCashRewards is the way to go as far as a reward credit card. They also have the platinum but there are no rewards, no AF and it offers the lowest APR

I understood it haha. But, yes, I don't travel too much so the CashRewards looks best. It could be a backup cards to cash backs behind me Discover (depending on the catagory of the purchase, for more rewards).

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.