Amex Zync (just got approved Feb1st)

Discover More (just got approved today) $4000 CL

BoA $1500 CL

PayPal Extras $3000 CL

BestBuy RZMC Gold $2000

Macy's in-store card $1500

Cap One $500

Orchard Bank $300

I was thinking i should close the Orchard bank one, it's not really worth it, but i still dont know, maybe the best for me is to close Cap1 as well, because they dont seem like they are going to increase my CL any time sooner i was thinking its better to keep only the ones with 4 figures CL's, both cap1 and Orchard have less than a year old so , my aaofa is not gonna be that damaged.

What you say i should do?

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your sincere Opinion!!!

I say close em if they have AF's and keep em if they don't.

Message 2 of 8
danisgods
Regular Contributor

do they have AF's, Cap 1 $39 and Orchard $59 and i dont want to call every year claiming i want to close them just so they wave the fee, also i dont believe they'd wave it for two years in a row.

Thanks man, i appreciate it.

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Message 3 of 8
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

I dont know what your balances are, but If its not going to hurt your utilization, then i say close cap1 and orchard and save some money on the Annual fee..  I have both of those cards and theyve been stuck at $500 each for a year,  i wish i could close them, but i only have one other major bank card .

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Message 4 of 8
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

If they don't have an annual fee or really high apr, I don't see why you should close them. Just keep it in the drawars

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close them if they have an AF. Or if they just bother you for some reason, not worth the stress to keep something you want to get rid off.

Message 6 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I say you have outgrown the starter cards.  Personally, I'd close the ones with fees (if they have $0 bal).  Closing them will not hurt your AAoA until they age & drop off in about 10 years.  Since they are under a year old, even when they do drop it won't hurt ya badly.

JMO...Smiley Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 8
smc733
Valued Contributor

@danisgods wrote:

do they have AF's, Cap 1 $39 and Orchard $59 and i dont want to call every year claiming i want to close them just so they wave the fee, also i dont believe they'd wave it for two years in a row.

Thanks man, i appreciate it.

There's your answer.  $100 for AAoA?  They'll still help for 10 years, at which point you'll be fine with your current cards.  Bite the bullet and close them both, because eventually, you're going to have to.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.