Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your thoughts on CK CC approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Your thoughts on CK CC approval odds

Correct, CK is only good to view your credit profile (not score) that is updated once a week.

Message 31 of 37
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

If CK is giving you odds of approval, it is marketing garbage.  However, they also have a Chase pre-qual page.  The CK pre-qual is ok to use.  Although, I wouldn't trust it if you are over 5/24.

A couple of years ago, I had a CK pre-qual for Amex, too.  But those stopped once I got an Amex card.

Message 32 of 37
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

It's anyone's guess. The approval estimates are marketing jazz. I fell for it and fell on my face with Venture one. I used them just my reports now . My scores have fluctuated as much as 65 points on ck. My real score are much higher.
Message 33 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

CK says:

2016-09-17_16-15-11.jpg

So there is a methodology, but we really need more details.  

So one way would be for them

a) to record the (CK) score of a user who successfully apped, through CK, for that card.   Then compare that score to your current score.   This would be about as good as those at MyFico giving app advice based on very limited information.   It would be based just on score (and maybe a few other features) , and on those that go through CK, but would be, IMO, a good attempt!

or

b) to compare your score with the current scores of those that have the card.   This would not take into account score changes since the other users got the card, and would be much lower quality

or something else.

But I think it is potentially far from absolutely worthless.

Message 34 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved thru CK links for 2 cards....approval odds were fair. After I was actually approved, my chances changed to very good odds.

Thx captain CK obvious lol 😂

Message 35 of 37
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

If you want some pre-qual information and a monthly score update go to www.creditcards.com/cardmatch and let it actually SP your report for some results.  There of course with any type of site like these are a ton of pay per click advertising from the big banks... however they do actually SP match you when it comes to Cap1 and I find them to be somewhat accurate on the others they present based on scores.  

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 5 cards that were good and 1 was very good.  All 5 were approved. 

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.