Did you mean: 

Your top credit goal of 2013

tag
vladrad
Contributor

Re: Your top credit goal of 2013

-get as much credit cards/credit as possible

-get as much credit cards/credit as possible

hopefully will have more then 22 cards/credits by end of 2014 so I can have highest credit score on CK.
After that no more activity, no more Hard Credit Inquiries at all for next 8 yeras.

Citi "Diamond Preferred" (1k), Bank of America (12k), Capital One - secured (0.7k), AMEX Green - (5k), Chase Freedom (4.5k), Chase Slate (3.2k), Discover (3,75k), Chase Explorer (19k), Oldnavy (2.2k), Chase Amazon (3k), Orbitz Rewards (8k), Citi Double Cash (10,4k),
Message 111 of 116
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Closing my Chase Freedom if it's not upgraded to Signature.

2013 is almost over and no love for the dr.

Can't really take the increased utilization from cancelling the Freedom at this time but they're first on the chopping block when the time comes. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 112 of 116
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

Can't really take the increased utilization from cancelling the Freedom at this time but they're first on the chopping block when the time comes. Smiley Happy

I don't get it. Why?

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 113 of 116
tld409
Regular Contributor

@codesingh wrote:

1.) No more cards (have 7 now will close one of them)

2.) Get a better CL from Discover

3.) Better Cl from Amex

4.) Start being debt free with Chase(I think they have charged me off)

5.) Just keep my fingers crossed that my 2 year old medical bill doesn't find my CB report(my medical bill of about 10,000 never showed up on any of my CB reports, it has been over 2 years since the first bill for medical was mailed to me...just culdn't pay any of it and didn't have any insurance Smiley Sad   

6.) Keep up 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why not try and set up a payment plan for your medical bill or  get a personal loan with either your bank or credit union to pay it in full? Why take any chances if you don't have to especially with your current scores? 

Starting Score 630 Score: Current FICO Scores: All above 725 (04/01/2015)
Sallie Mae World MC 9k; Chase Freedom 6.5k; CareCredit 13.2k; Amex BCP 21.8k;Amex PRG; BOA123 Visa Sig 20k; CapOne WMC 7.5K; CSP Visa Sig 2K; Citi Simp Visa 6.9k; CFCU Visa 17k; Discover IT 7K; JCP MC 8K; Macys Amex 7.5K/2k; PSECU Visa/PSL 20/20K; SamsClub MC 20k; Walmart 10k
Message 114 of 116
G0ldenstate

Getting 10k limit card.

Obtain a WEMC just because it looks cool.

Message 115 of 116
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

I don't get it. Why?

Just cant abide their policy regarding HP for CLI.

I'm actually considering replacing them with USBank. The card I want can only be applied for at a branch, though. It might be worth an HP to get a card that will grow with regular use and on-time payment. USBank didn't have branches in New York when I applied for one of their cards around 5 years ago. I just have to research them a litle bit before deciding if it's worth an HP or if waiting a year makes sense.

Credit is pretty good with around $45K in limits. Though less prestigious, I would have gotten a CLI on a Walmart Discover or anything Barclay by now. Citi has increased the limits on my two cards at least three times since having a card from Chase and Amex once.

Chase is a great company, cool website, great app, great/responsive customer service, and everything else I'm supposed to say. It's not them, it's me. I'd definitely miss the functionality of Chase's website and App and have to really decide if closing the account would be like cutting off my own nose, LOL! As with any relationship: you have to decide if good qualities outweigh a significant negative.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 116 of 116
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.