Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your two main cards..

tag
travisr0
Contributor

Re: Your two main cards..

That is true. your financial snapshot changes overtime which will change your priorities in terms of spending, points, or miles. However it all remains relative, hard to manage that many cards and more often or not isn't beneficial. Credit cards last few years have come a long way making themselves more competitive in the rewards market.
Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 91 of 126
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I only have 3 that I use,  so I divide my spending up between Amex,  Chase and Nasa. 

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 92 of 126
android01
Valued Contributor

This month:

Diners Club MC

Citi Premier MC

Next Month:

JP Morgan Select Visa

Cap One Venture (new)

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 93 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the next 3 months to get bonuses:
CSP
Citi AAdvantage Plat Select
Venture
After that, will use mostly
BCE
CSP
Message 94 of 126
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that this topic has me thinking, I travel extensively overseas (flight attendant) so the CSP and the newly received US Bank Amex (no intl fees) is what I will use in other countries while I will switch back and forth with the others for expenses in the US...
Message 95 of 126
travisr0
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Now that this topic has me thinking, I travel extensively overseas (flight attendant) so the CSP and the newly received US Bank Amex (no intl fees) is what I will use in other countries while I will switch back and forth with the others for expenses in the US...

CSP is a great card for that purpose and does make your decisions a little easier by keeping your footprint for credit usage thin, and help you manage things a bit more.

Experian 756 // Equifax 764 // Transunion 759 // AAoA 5.7 years

Message 96 of 126
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

@HeavenlyFlower
How do you make your credit card signature pictures to show on mobile/smartphone platform?
Message 97 of 126
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

I think this is a great topic!!

My two main cards for the next few months are the Venture (to meet spend requirements for bonus), and the FNBO Sheetz (Have to make one purchase and pay every billing cycle for credit increase program...my daughter is AU on this one and uses it for gas and such). Discover is in a distant third at this point...I work from home and don't really need gas too often! (Maybe next quarter it will get more use).

After my 3month/3k Venture adventure, I (my daughter) will probably use FNBO Sheetz, and Quicksilver ONE....I really love that 1.5% back on everything.

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 98 of 126
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

pretty simple for me. Citi Double Cash as my main card especially for recurring bills (replaced my CapOne Quicksilver) and Sallie Mae Barclaycard for gas and groceries. I don't spend over $250 a month on either so it works well for me. 

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 99 of 126
Steelersboy
Frequent Contributor

@travisr0 wrote:
Yeh it is difficult to narrow them down to 2 of them sometimes but also makes you think of all the cards we have that really don't have much significant use.

part of that (at least for me) is that new cards offer better rewards. I was high on BOA and CapOne until I got Sallie Mae and Citi Double Cash.

If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest. - Benjamin Franklin |Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards|Chase Amazon Visa Rewards|BOA Cash Rewards|Commence MC| Citi Double Cash| Amazon Prime Store Card|Discover It|Chase Freedom|Chase Freedom Unlimited|Amex BCE|Wells Fargo Cash Wise|Barclays Cashforward
$89,500 total card credit FICO Equifax-823, FICO Transunion-774, FICO Experian-769, DTI-20.4%
Message 100 of 126
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.