Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your worst and best credit card

tag
Radek7752
Contributor

Re: Your worst and best credit card

My worst credit card is probably my JCP card that I received In 2008 at age 18. Its interest rate is over 26% standard and I avoid using it as much as possible. It does have one of my highest credit limits, however.

My best is a tie between my Blue Cash and my Sapphire Preferred. I use them more than any other card in my possession and the rewards are great. I got both of them at 22.
BoA: Virgin Atlantic World Elite Mastercard
Chase: Sapphire Preferred (WMC)/Freedom/Amazon/Auto Loan (41k)
Citi: Thank You Preferred/Forward/Simplicity
AmEx: Zync/Blue Cash/Starwood Preferred
Discover: IT
GE: JCP/Walmart Discover
Message 11 of 42
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

This is really a difficult question for me as I never had any other cards than the ones in my signature. 

Worst for AF and no benefits was BofA with 15$ AF but this card is also my best for lowest APR (prime rate) now. BofA has shown me a lot of love and that is why I like to bank with them Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 42
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

Worst for me was the Cap One Plat MC that started @ 500 which is now @ 2k

Best at the moment is Chase @ 2.5k

But I think in 6 months I should see a nice CLI across the board as my lates will be dropped and the last negative I have of a medical collection will be removed as well. Thats when I plan to finally have Credit Lines that I should have relative to my income. Until then, it's keep util low and rotating the cards around to use each of them while I wait for November.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 42
lithium78
Established Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

I'd say my worse was my Credit One card with a $75 AF and $450 CL (might have started at $300). However, it wasn't the worst of the Credit One cards since it didn't have the monthly maintenance fees.

I had the Credit One card with the $8.95 monthly maintenance fee.  After the CARD Act was passed, which limited the fees they could charge, Credit One tried to make me pay for CLIs.  Yeah, right.  I was so glad when I got rid of that card.  I never even should have gotten it, but it was from before I joined this forum.

My current best card is my BankAmericard 123 Cash Rewards Visa.  It has a $7000 CL and 9.9% APR.  I probably could have gotten a higher limit if I had asked for it, but $7000 is fine for now.  Maybe next year I'll ask for another CLI.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 42
HiLine
Blogger

My worst: BofA BankAmericard secured Cash Rewards credit card with a 2k limit

My best: the same card graduated: BofA BankAmericard Cash Rewars credit card with a 12k limit, annual fee removed

BofA is just awesome.

Message 15 of 42
DrJim
Frequent Contributor

My worst was Orchard with a $300 CL and $59 annual fee.  I think there was also an application fee.

Within a few months I had a WF Visa with a $11K limit, an AMEX with $2K and NFCU with a higher CL than WF.  You can see the current limits below after 3+ years.

Starting Score: TU 672 EQ 654 10/20/09
Current Score: TU 775 EQ 783 EX 799 (PLUS)
AMEX Delta Platinum $35K, NFCU Visa Signature $30K, HHonors Reserve Visa $35K, WF $13.5K, IHG Rewards Club MC $25K
Message 16 of 42
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

crapone for sure.  besides the 0% APR for 12mos BT, it's a SD.  ExO cancelled my AF this round, but once I get my CLs up on my other cards, I'm shutting this one down before the next AF hits.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 17 of 42
shanac
Frequent Contributor

My worst: Applied Card Bank at 29.99% APR; no grace period; $15 monthly fee (which was later reduced to $5). My CL started at $500 and increased to $2150. I hadn't used it in over a year and a half and they keep sending me offers to increase the limit for a $100 fee. No thank you! I closed this card last week! .

My best: I consider the BCP to be my "best"at the moment because of the 6% cash back on groceries. The FreedomSig. gets the most usage though.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 18 of 42
justforting
Regular Contributor

My worst card was capital one secured card, with $1300 limit. And finally able to get rid of it! But I would say discover is worst in regard to CL!

My highest limit is Amex BCE, $5000. It took me 8 months to get this card after I got my first card.

Last App: 09/17/2013 // No App Until: Mortgage (05/14?)

Cards in my wallet: AMEX BCE ($8000) // CITI AA VISA SIG ($5000) // CHASE FREEDOM ($3500) // DISCOVER IT ($1000) // CAP ONE NC ($1000) // WALMART DISCOVER ($1600)
Credit Scores: FICO TU08 (10/13): 739 // Credit Karma (10/13): 677??!! // Credit Sesame (10/13): 730
Next Goal: CSP (after mortgage probably...)
Message 19 of 42
bobkabob
Established Member

My best revolving credit card would have to be my BankAmericard with a $2.5k CL.

My worst would have to be my Discover Open Road (started at $500, auto CLI $150 for a CL of $650) I PC'd to the IT and requested a CLI but CSR advised to wait until acct is one year old (November)

18 year old building credit, so can't complain too much!

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.