Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZAPPO's Visa NO longer available from Chase

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ZAPPO's Visa NO longer available from Chase

According to DOC, and the Zappo's website/Chase Rep....Zappo's Visa is no longer available to apply for.  Zappo's is owned by Amazon, so I think there is some shifting and changes going on. Will be interesting to see.  

So for those who have the Zappo's Visa by Chase, keep your eyes open for card changes....Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: ZAPPO's Visa NO longer available from Chase

I hope Comenity launches a store card with SC!

LOL

Message 2 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I hope Comenity launches a store card with SC!

LOL

LMAO!!  heheheh

Message 3 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Could be the fact that Amazon owns Zappos and that it is redundant to issue an Amazon card and a Zappos card, perhaps the zappos card will be PC'd to a Amazon card, all speculation on my part but somethings up.
Message 4 of 14
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@creditguy wrote:
Could be the fact that Amazon owns Zappos and that it is redundant to issue an Amazon card and a Zappos card, perhaps the zappos card will be PC'd to a Amazon card, all speculation on my part but somethings up.

Youre right..thats the current speculation right now, and that current Zappo cardholders will be PC'ed to the Amazon Visa. Will be interesting to see what transpires. 

Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Youre right..thats the current speculation right now, and that current Zappo cardholders will be PC'ed to the Amazon Visa. Will be interesting to see what transpires. 

Owned and same credit card are two different things and that doesn't make sense to me... it's not like you can shop Zappos through Amazon so credit cards would overlap.

Now Amazon Store and Amazon Visa being offered by two different banks... That is out of place!

Message 6 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Owned and same credit card are two different things and that doesn't make sense to me... it's not like you can shop Zappos through Amazon so credit cards would overlap.

Now Amazon Store and Amazon Visa being offered by two different banks... That is out of place!

+1

Amazon does do things strangely... I've always found it odd that their 'store card' is more valuable for Amazon purchases than their Visa version (of course this goes along with your thoughs on it being out of place that they use two different banks).

I'm sure there's a reason for it, though. (?)

Message 7 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@creditguy wrote:

Can't argue with you on that one, I never understood the store card and Visa card being issued by two different banks, in the end, the way Amazon is growing they'll probably have their own bank and shut out everybody, who knows. Definitely a head scratcher. 

Message 8 of 14
core
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I've always found it odd that their 'store card' is more valuable for Amazon purchases than their Visa version (of course this goes along with your thoughs on it being out of place that they use two different banks).

You couldn't have "always" found it odd, because the store card didn't become a decent card until just 15 months ago.  I'm just teasing you, you understand.  Smiley Happy

As for the reason, I think it's just that:  Because things have just recently changed.  Unless Chase wants to sweeten the pot I predict the Visa will just die a quiet death.  Who would apply for that card anymore?  Especially since it's Chase and lately they've had a stick... ah nevermind.

Message 9 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@core wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

I've always found it odd that their 'store card' is more valuable for Amazon purchases than their Visa version (of course this goes along with your thoughs on it being out of place that they use two different banks).

You couldn't have "always" found it odd, because the store card didn't become a decent card until just 15 months ago.  I'm just teasing you, you understand.  Smiley Happy

As for the reason, I think it's just that:  Because things have just recently changed.  Unless Chase wants to sweeten the pot I predict the Visa will just die a quiet death.  Who would apply for that card anymore?  Especially since it's Chase and lately they've had a stick... ah nevermind.

LOL... maybe I should have stated that I "found it odd" once I started frequenting this forum and realized there was a difference at all.  Smiley Tongue

As for the Amazon Visa dying a quite death, that may be the case however their deal with Chase was just renewed a few months ago (February 2016) so it appears they still believe it is a competitive product.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/amazon-renews-co-brand-credit-card-deal-with-j-p-morgan-chase-1454614380

IMO, their Visa actually is "OK" for a subset of consumers for non-Amazon purchases, but in general for actual Amazon purchases the 'store' card is superior.

I also agree with your thoughts about Chase and their new 'restrictions'... I would think that a partner such as Amazon wouldn't want a seemingly arbitrary 'rule' to keep them from their customers, but that's just me.  It will be interesting to see if the deal is renewed again whenever it expires (no word on when that might be - I suspect it will be a while, though).

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.